new f150!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
    Ok all you smart asses...how many of you have a mortgage? Or do you pay cash for your house too? How many have a 401k, IRA or the like? If you do, you are already doing what I said, but on a larger scale. Is there risk, yes. With risk comes reward.

Historical figures on the annual rate of return on the stock market...

Last 10 years 14%
    Last 30 years 11%
    Last 50 years 11%
    Last 100 years 10%

If you can't make 8% (below average) you're not investing in the right things.

There was a gentleman above that said he only pays cash for cars and another that said financing for 8 years would never make sense. I explained why it would. You guys started changing what I said into other things and adding or subtracting from what I said. What I said was specific.

Last question...have any of you ever financed a car? It sounds like the answer is no. If you have, what's a realistic term? 1 year, 3 year, 5 year? I would agree that 8 years is too long, but used it for my example to make a point.

I've never financed a car more than 5 years because I put a ton of miles on them. My wife and I have 3 vehicles. Two are paid off. Other will be by the end of the year. All have over 150k miles. I drive them until the wheels fall off. [emoji3]

That is all! Carry on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’re not wrong, you’re just coming off like the vegan CrossFit guy telling everybody why they need to be vegan crossfitters.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
      You’re not wrong, you’re just coming off like the vegan CrossFit guy telling everybody why they need to be vegan crossfitters.

My bad...I don't want to be the CrossFit vegan guy!!![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
        I just bought a 2020 XLT 4WD off road package with the 302A upgrade. I wonder what I could sell it for three months later.
        I have a 19 F-250 KR. Has 58k miles and just got offered 70k for it. Its clean as hell...but come on. Prices are nuts. Problem is finding another one after you sell!

Comment

when i posted this thread , i wanted to talk about the current price of these trucks and dealership practices , i surely wasn't expecting this to turn into a debate over financing.

thanks guys...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            when i posted this thread , i wanted to talk about the current price of these trucks and dealership practices , i surely wasn't expecting this to turn into a debate over financing.

thanks guys...
            Its inevitable. Post something about financial advice or the weather and you may have better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

thanks guys...
              I contributed to that derailment and I apologize.

You are absolutely correct. Prices are outrageous right now, but it's simple supply and demand. There are several factors contributing to the supply shortage as mentioned previously. I wish people would refuse to pay over sticker and the dealers would stop that practice.

Then you have the trickle down effect to used vehicles. More demand on them, so prices go up. Definitely not the time to be buying right now.

Comment

If you can maintain your current vehicle (whatever it is and whatever it needs) until at least Dec/Jan. I believe that's the best choice.

If you can push off a NEW home purchase until Sept/Oct '22, I believe that will be best as a consumer.

Comment

NO WAY!
                  I would NEVER pay over, 15% less than MSRP.

Comment

People say that vehicles dont appreciate but hasn't been the case the last year. I know that wont always been the case but could sell by F250 for $10K more than I paid for it new 20 months ago. Crazy!

Comment

I wonder if all of these new trucks are going to depreciate like crazy once the computer chip shortage is over. Seems like the bottom would drop out. I foresee a lot of these people making big gains on their trades(and buying high $$ trucks) getting screwed in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X