Ashley Furniture....is a SCAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley Furniture....is a SCAM

I know there was a thread about Ashley Furniture recently, which reminded me to post on here about an experience today.

Furniture for the past year has been pretty hard to find and/or get delivered. My parents are fixing up a newly remodeled place in Rockport that they are going to use for short term rentals. They bought one piece of furniture from Ashleys which was a Tv/Sofa table. After a few weeks they delivered it yesterday. They brought it inside, unpacked it, and my mom noticed that it was not the one she ordered. It also had a big chunk missing from the front corner and one of the braces was to long which made the table uneven and severely wobble. She told the movers she didn't want to accept it and that they needed to take it back. The movers told her, that they couldn't load it back on the truck and she had to go to the store so they could pick it up and make things right.

Today she went to the store and eventually talked to the corporate "service" rep. A few things the rep told her include "Ashley has a policy that they dont accept furniture once it has been brought into the location" they also argued that it was the table she had ordered. Even tried blaming the flooring in the house as being uneven and thats what caused the table to wobble. They also claim that they have a 30% restocking fee for all furniture no matter why it was returned. They told her that she could not get a refund or store credit and that a "tech" would be sent out. The best part is that they said its against "store policy to share any of this on social media or talk to any customers inside of the store". The corporate lady also said "she notified the store security" and that "she was not allowed at any Ashley furniture again". The sales rep also claimed that if my mom notified the BBB or posted on social media, that Ashley would notify their attorneys and thats not something she wanted to do. (she has all of this on video recording)

I told my mom that they probably get alot of phone calls about crappy furniture and thats why they have some women like her working the phones instead of somebody who is nice and professional. They know they are running a scam and have Debit collector types working the phones as gate keepers.

I know they are a scam and offer subpar stuff, one piece of furniture is all it took.
    Last edited by MAP; 05-27-2021, 03:14 PM.

Post up the video.

Comment

Wow, good to know, thank you. I will be building in Rockport soon and getting brand new furniture. This POS store won't get a dime. Does anyone know if Mattress Mack delivers to Rockport. He is a good dude and great furniture.

Comment

Most ridiculous con artists you'll ever meet. Why anyone continues to shop there is beyond me. I haven't met one person has had a positive experience with them.

Comment

I had a bad experience with Conn's years back. Haven't been in since.

Comment

I’d take it very public and share all they’re threats with the public. Also share the corporate numbers
            Last edited by Spiderpig1776; 05-27-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              Wow, good to know, thank you. I will be building in Rockport soon and getting brand new furniture. This POS store won't get a dime. Does anyone know if Mattress Mack delivers to Rockport. He is a good dude and great furniture.
              I bet he would work something out if you were buying a house full of furniture.

Comment

Wow lol. That sounds insane then she's blacklisted.. that'd even more insane.

She should just wear a mask and go back in and question them some more.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Their furniture is junk. I will never do business with them again.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    I had a bad experience with Conn's years back. Haven't been in since.
                    My cousin used to work for them. He said their name is well deserved.

Comment

Wow lol. That sounds insane then she's blacklisted.. that'd even more insane.
                      I thought that part was kinda funny, I told her it reminds me of the scene from "oh brother where art thou" when the guy gets kicked out of the woolworth store.

They have never shopped at Ashley before, she just needed one table to complete the room and had a hard time finding anything at the other stores. It also made her decision to buy a cheaper table alittle easier when her friend in Rockport rented out their place only 2 times on VRBO and had to replace a chair, clean wine all over a wall, clean a jar of cheese dip from the carpet....and some "Crack head" totally rearranged the bedroom furniture on a 2 night rental ......some peoples kids

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
                        I’d take it very public and share all they’re threats with the public. Also share the corporate numbers
                        Agreed!

We bought some expensive stuff from Bob Mills years ago and they were great. Try there

Comment

I'd have to dispute that charge on the credit card and set the stuff outside if they want to come get it.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            I'd have to dispute that charge on the credit card and set the stuff outside if they want to come get it.
                            Yep, leave that table in front of the door and tell the cc company they aint paying for it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Post up the video.
                              This please..

Comment

Working...
                              X