Would constitutional carry help limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
    I'm not a big fan of CC. I would like to hear from some cops on the street but, it seems to me it would take away a tool cops have to deal with gangs. It seems logical that they are not licensed to carry so, if a cop does a search and they can't provide a CC license, the cop can arrest right then. If everyone can carry, that means gang bangers can too. Of course you can run a check on the person on the spot but then the police are subject to charges of profiling.
    Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    If gang banger are underage or felons they can't carry anyway, and they are probably carrying anyway.
    I have to agree with Rush2Judge. I'm not a fan of CC. BrianL, I'm not sure that Rush was trying to say this, but here is my version:
    You are right, felons/gangbangers are carrying anyway. Criminals don't follow the law... that's why they are "criminals". However, if a criminal doesn't have a permit and one is required and he gets stopped for speeding or suspicious behavior, the police can arrest him for 'UCW' which is unlawfully carried weapon. While he is in jail, the police have taken him off the street for that time frame. You know that part.
    What doesn't get a lot of media is that while bad guy is in jail for 1 or 2 days for UCW, the gun gets linked to another offense, an ag assault. Now bad guy stays in jail.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm all about gun rights. But I am also about laws that take criminals of the streets. A permit is one tool to do that.

Another common sense law to me would be to up the penalty for using a gun in the commission of a crime. Brandished a gun to rob someone? Get 2 years for every cartridge in that gun. Mandatory consecutive terms on top of the offense, day for day. Fired that gun? Make it mandatory 5 years for every cartridge.

Comment

When an armed good guy or good guys/gals puts accurate fire on target that person is forced to reconsider his original intent of killing unarmed citizens. These people are cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        If this ever passes carry while you can because there are a whole bunch of irresponsible idiots in this state just waiting to screw this up... It won't last long... I'll put money on that..

Not everyone should be allowed to have kids, own a dog, or carry a gun..(That's the short list)...

I’ll take $100 on no change whatsoever.

Good grief that nancies gripe about government interference in our lives but want more of it?

Makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
          I have to agree with Rush2Judge. I'm not a fan of CC. BrianL, I'm not sure that Rush was trying to say this, but here is my version:

You are right, felons/gangbangers are carrying anyway. Criminals don't follow the law... that's why they are "criminals". However, if a criminal doesn't have a permit and one is required and he gets stopped for speeding or suspicious behavior, the police can arrest him for 'UCW' which is unlawfully carried weapon. While he is in jail, the police have taken him off the street for that time frame. You know that part.

What doesn't get a lot of media is that while bad guy is in jail for 1 or 2 days for UCW, the gun gets linked to another offense, an ag assault. Now bad guy stays in jail.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all about gun rights. But I am also about laws that take criminals of the streets. A permit is one tool to do that.

Another common sense law to me would be to up the penalty for using a gun in the commission of a crime. Brandished a gun to rob someone? Get 2 years for every cartridge in that gun. Mandatory consecutive terms on top of the offense, day for day. Fired that gun? Make it mandatory 5 years for every cartridge.

What other rights are you in favor of having a permit to excercise?

Free speech?
          Religion?
          How about due process?
          Others?

Government permission and a tax are a blatant infringement.

Comment

If this ever passes carry while you can because there are a whole bunch of irresponsible idiots in this state just waiting to screw this up... It won't last long... I'll put money on that..

Not everyone should be allowed to have kids, own a dog, or carry a gun..(That's the short list)...
            But yet 2 of the 3 you mentioned are permissible......terrible analogy. Carry a gun if you want, or don't if it doesn't suit your fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post

That argument don’t wash.
              I’m supposed to ask permission from the government for my right to self defense
              So that gov. Has a tool to get criminals off the street?
              How is that fair or make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I’ll take $100 on no change whatsoever.

Good grief that nancies gripe about government interference in our lives but want more of it?

Makes no sense.

Remember the picture of the fella that was floating around when he was going into Wal-mart strapped to the gills?
                Weren't you one the ones calling the ole boy an idiot?? I believe you were.. LOL

Comment

Bingeaux!!! It will be 1 and done within 18 months of passing!

Comment

I don’t think so. I don’t think it would change much— just like the change to LTC didn’t change much.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I've never researched but I bet if you calculated deaths per 1,000 gun deaths are at the low end these days. It's just every single shooting is reported now.

This too

Comment

The only problem is, you are in a crowd and a lot of people are carrying. Someone shoots and everyone pulls out a pistol, who do you shoot first?

Comment

. Does this state have dumber citizens than all the other states that have had this for years?
                          I know we have many more 3rd world peasants that wealthy business owners like to take advantage of but are they prone to violence?
                          Last edited by flywise; 04-17-2021, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Bingeaux!!! It will be 1 and done within 18 months of passing!
                            That was said about CC when first passed, then open carry later. Hasnt happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                              The only problem is, you are in a crowd and a lot of people are carrying. Someone shoots and everyone pulls out a pistol, who do you shoot first?
                              Said about CC and open carry. Has it happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
                                Wouldn’t CC allow the unstable to carry too? I just got my permit and it seems like the current setup is a good one. Really though, in the end you just can’t legislate crazy.
                                If they are going to shoot a lot of people I doubt they care about the other laws they are breaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X