CMH recipient Francis S Currey dead at 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMH recipient Francis S Currey dead at 94

I was fortunate enough to meet this man and thank him for his service. He is from the town where our NY hunting camp is.

Another great one lost from the greatest generation. RIP sir.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRXNpeHyTDY"]Francis Currey, Medal of Honor, WWII - YouTube[/ame]

Francis S Currey_zpsmmu997il by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Rip

Comment

Bump for a American hero.

Comment

It's the Medal of Honor NOT Congressional Medal of Honor!!

Where does this "Congressional" Medal of Honor fall on this list?

I think you do your friend a great dis service by mid representing the Medal and the sacrifice he made to be awarded such prestigious honor.

Google is your your friend.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 10-14-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Real hero

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            It's the Medal of Honor NOT Congressional Medal of Honor!!

Google is your your friend.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
            I learned something this evening...my whole life I have had it referred to as the CMH. My Dad served during Korea and even he refered to it as such. But with your post. I did it look it up and thanks!. This is what I found on the net.
            (copied and pasted)
            The idea that the award is "congressional" stems from two key places. The first and perhaps most influential is the presence of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, the organization that all recipients belong to once they receive the Medal of Honor. It is so named because the society was created by an act of Congress in 1958, according to the organization’s website. "Congressional" is an adjective that describes the society, not the name of the medal. Even the very first line on the Congressional Medal of Honor Society website defines the medal as the “Medal of Honor.”
            The second reason for the "congressional" myth seems to stem from a line in the U.S. code outlining the award. The law says that the president awards the medal to the recipient “in the name of Congress.” That section of the law, 10 U.S. Code § 3741, also calls the award the “Medal of Honor” on all references. The "Congressional Medal of Honor" myth is so widely dispersed that a separate U.S. federal law passed just last year, 18 U.S. Code § 704, refers to it, but that’s a narrow law that doesn’t outline the Medal of Honor; indeed, it defines it via a series of federal statutes that refer only to the “Medal of Honor.” Congressional staffers are subject to myths, too.

I meant NO disrespect.

Comment

Am I the only one who feels our freedom takes a hit when one of these men passes on?

Rest in peace, Sir

Comment

RIP, served our country well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rest easy warrior!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                  X