Never been a Glock fan but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been a Glock fan but...

After many years of carrying my XDM and putting thousands of rounds down range, I picked up my new pistol. When we are allowed to carry RMR’s this is the rig I’m going with. I’ve shot it with the RMR turned off for several hundred rounds to make sure it’s GTG if the sight goes down and I’m crazy consistent. I’m just now starting to shoot with the red dot. So far, flawless, not too heavy, not too light, perfect amount of recoil for lightening fast follow up shots.

All the work was done locally here in Magnolia. They did a FANTASTIC job and didn’t charge near what other places wanted to charge. Turn around time was fast too (2 weeks or so)

Glock 17 gen 5
    “Urban camo” Cerakote
    “Officer cut” milled slide
    Aggressive frame stipple work w/undercut trigger guard
    Trijicon suppressor height sights
    Trijicon RMR II
    TRL-1 HL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice ! My next pistol will be a 17L

Comment

My only complaint is the stippling is so aggressive, I’m going to have to sand down a couple of small parts that are eating the crud out of my girly hands. Which is not exactly a complaint as much as I don’t want to turn my hands into man hands from shooting lol. You almost have to “let go” of the pistol because it’s definitely not going anywhere once you grab it lol.

Comment

beauty!
        what trigger is that?

Comment

Nice rig. Just curious...why were you never a Glock fan before? I’ll admit they aren’t the most attractive firearms on the market but they flat out GO BANG every single time.

Comment

I like that. Who did the work? I may give them some business.

Comment

Wow! That is Barry Nice!

When I first got my RTF2 I thought the same thing. The more I carried and shot it the more comfortable the grip got. Just an idea so you don’t sand it down, then carry and shoot it, and it get to slick.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Nice rig. Just curious...why were you never a Glock fan before? I’ll admit they aren’t the most attractive firearms on the market but they flat out GO BANG every single time.
                My question also. Been in love with my G19 since 96 i think. So abused but still as perfect as day one. Not the looks but function and accuracy. I have added many to the herd.

Comment

Dang Misty. You've been working some side jobs!

Great looking glock.

I've got a 19 and a 26. Love 'em.

Comment

Nice! I am a Glock fan, and one with a RMR is on my list.

Comment

My only Glock is a 23 with the RTF2 / Fish Gill slide I happen to get here on tbh some time ago & really like it because of how / who I came to own & somewhat of a special buy for a Glock to me. You cannot carry it without it fraying your shirt or luv handle...that finish is hard core but a good one to have if you are shooting in the muck.

~~~~~~~~~~

Not being a Glock chap, can you guys/gals tell me if my customer is off base with this consignment & pricing?? Sorry to hijack Misty but thought you might have some feedback since you've been looking. I don't touch this stuff much but thought what he wanted was fair but not much to research. Maybe the market is just saturated??

Gen 4 Glock 34 w/ Agency Arms Threaded

Comment

Meltingfeather its an apex trigger/springs

So I wasn’t a fan because I’m a girl and when I went into law enforcement Glock didn’t offer interchangeable back straps so it’s always been way too big for my hands. When I started I got the XDM because they fit my hand, had high capacity magazines and were SUPER easy to break down. I’ve had nothing but great experiences with my XDM and still love it I just wanted to step into the RMR type sights and like Bobby said, I’ve been working a ton so I had the extra cash. I agree too that they’re ugly lol. Hence why mine is all dolled up [emoji1303][emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          My only Glock is a 23 with the RTF2 / Fish Gill slide I happen to get here on tbh some time ago & really like it because of how / who I came to own & somewhat of a special buy for a Glock to me. You cannot carry it without it fraying your shirt or luv handle...that finish is hard core but a good one to have if you are shooting in the muck.

~~~~~~~~~~

Not being a Glock chap, can you guys/gals tell me if my customer is off base with this consignment & pricing?? Sorry to hijack Misty but thought you might have some feedback since you've been looking. I don't touch this stuff much but thought what he wanted was fair but not much to research. Maybe the market is just saturated??

Gen 4 Glock 34 w/ Agency Arms Threaded

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/828305320

I think it’s a decent price. Other than it’s a gen 4 it’s got some upgrades so I think it’s alright.

Comment

I don't like Glocks but that one is awful pretty. If they would just change that grip angle.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              I don't like Glocks but that one is awful pretty. If they would just change that grip angle.
                              That’s why I like them, they point well for me. We’re all built differently

I should add that I didn’t like them at all when they first hit the market, but after I bought my first one I became a convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X