Mini split advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini split advice

Found mr cool unit that seems to have good reviews and since I'm no HVAC tech the diy precharged seems like the most cost effective way to go

Master is 14x19 10ft ceilings but jumps to 31x19 if u include the master bath and closet.

My calculations I need 12k BTU for room only or a but larger for everything in that area
    Thoughts on sizing?... I'm thinking the 18k btu I was told this has inverter compressor so humidity problems from oversizing is not an issue.

Thx
    Attached Files

I have bought a few Pioneer units from highseer.com and they have been going strong.

Comment

I have a 12K Daiken AC/Heat Inverter in my 16’x16’ with 12’ ceiling man cave. It does a very good job considering that the room has minimal insulation. However, with the added bath area you have I would go with the 18K.

Comment

Can't speak to that brand, but have installed several Mitsubishi splits. Great little units.
        Get the 18k. Basically the inverter regulates the temp better and only gives what you need.
        It's 18k, but unlike a system without and inverter, it won't always run at 18k.
        If 9k is all that's required to maintain your temp, then that's what your 18k system will run at, until it needs more. When it needs more, it may ramp up to 18k, but it doesn't always stay at a continuous 18k like a system without an inverter.

Comment

Working...
        X