Looking for .22 LR pistol and rifle recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for .22 LR pistol and rifle recommendations

I have a Dead Air Mask suppressor on the way and want to get a .22 pistol and semi-auto rifle to slap it on.

Would prefer that both are threaded out of the box.

These will be for plinking and shooting small game.

Which pistol and rifle should I be looking at?

pistol, id reccomend the ruger 22/45 or mark 4. Prob the most reliable 22 suppressor hosts out there. You can find the mk 4 threaded on budsgunshop last i checked. For a semi rifle, id also pick a ruger 10/22. I wouldnt get the target model unless you want a heavy barrel and nice stock. They used to make a hogue stock, heavy threaded model but theyre hard to find.

I personlly like bolt action for my suppressed rifle. I know the savage mk II fvsr and ruger american threaded both make great hosts.

Comment

Pistol: Ruger 22/45 Mark IV.

Semi auto rifle: Ruger 10/22 you can build it easily to meet your needs.

If you want an extremely silent and cheap rifle savage makes a bolt gun called "Savage B22 FVSR." You can't beat it for the price and it is stupid silent suppressed.
      Last edited by yotethumper; 04-05-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

^yup

Comment

I would give a T/CR22 a look for the rifle. I think it would be a good option for you.

Comment

Ruger 22/45 Lite for 99% of the people out there. Volquartzen Scorpion for those who want a **** fine 22 pistol!

For a rifle I’d go CZ455 Varmint or Tacticool. A semi auto 22 is fun, but a bolt gun suppressed is where it’s at.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	79F7EA51-1D78-4FAD-B21F-701A313BB623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	24575852

VQ Scorpion

Comment

As has already been stated one of the Ruger 22/45 or Mark 4 variants for pistol.

If it has to be a semi auto rifle then 10/22. It may or may not need some work to make it function 100% reliably when suppressed, especially with subsonics.

Like Rubi said, bolt rifle is much better suppressed. I don’t own a CZ but I own 3 Savage rimfires and they are shooters. I just wish they didn’t have the accutrigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the Lite version & it’s threaded...pm me if interested

Comment

My Sig 1911-22 works, well... like a Sig. Flawlessly, that is.
                    Ruger 10/22 Takedown in the rifle category.

Comment

Ruger for pistol and rifle. Will ALWAYS cycle no matter the ammo.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have some research to do.

I may be checking out the bolt actions now too

Comment

With your rifles the shorter the barrel the quieter it will be suppressed as always. I try to stay under 18” I have a handful of 22’s I like shooting suppressed and my favorite that I take everywhere is a rpr Rimfire I purchased at Gibsons in weatherford for $349. Super accurate up there with my 20”cz and t1x. Looks sharp too. For pistol I have a m&p22 pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                              With your rifles the shorter the barrel the quieter it will be suppressed as always. I try to stay under 18” I have a handful of 22’s I like shooting suppressed and my favorite that I take everywhere is a rpr Rimfire I purchased at Gibsons in weatherford for $349. Super accurate up there with my 20”cz and t1x. Looks sharp too. For pistol I have a m&p22 pistol
                              Actually shorter barrel equals louder given the same velocity. What a shorter barrel does do is help keep velocity below the subsonic threshold. If you’re speaking rifle length barrels you’re already too long anyways in a 22. Either the ammo is subsonic produced, and it should remain subsonic even in longer barrels or it’s higher velocity/bulk pack and it’ll go supersonic within 4-8” of barrel anyways depending on the load.

That said this isn’t an absolute, as all ammo is different. Some may go supersonic from 16-20”, but I haven’t found it if there is any. Also some barrels will be faster even though they’re the same length, and vice versa. This is just a general rule that works the vast majority of the time.
                              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 04-06-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X