Speeding ticket with CDL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding ticket with CDL

Anyone know how this will affect my class A? Court paper states that defensive driving isn’t an option for CDL holder. Tom Green county is where the offense occurred, if it makes any difference. Alleged 70 in a 55.
    Last edited by Beards&Spurs; 03-04-2019, 01:02 PM.

You have to contact the district atty and pay the fines and ask him for deferred adjudication. They most always grant it and it will stay off your record,

Comment

I don't know but I let my CDL go once the stop allowing you to take defensive driving with a CDL.

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
        You have to contact the district atty and pay the fines and ask him for deferred adjudication. They most always grant it and it will stay off your record,
        Provided you dont get another ticket during the probation period.

Shouldnt affect your license, unless you get enough points on it to have it revoked.

Comment

One of the perks of a cdl!!!

Comment

I have had my CDL for years and you used to be able to get deferred adjudication or defensive driving but not anymore. I got a ticket about a year ago and asked about both again and judge said that it is not allowed anymore.

Comment

You need to hire an attorney from that county. It will be handled and stay off your record. Just google traffic attorney's in that area and go from there.

Comment

Yep, only way to take care of it is with a lawyer

Comment

You can NOT take defensive driving or deferred with a CDL. I've hired an attorney a few times and depending on their relationship with the judge sometimes can get it dismissed or changed to a non-moving violation, of course with some hush hush money to the court.

Comment

Ive had a few speeding tickets with a CDL, just paid them and rolled on. As long as you dont get more than 6 points on your license in 3 years it will not affect it. Insurance may go up but thats about it. I got popped last year in a speed trap and just paid it and nothing but 2 points on the license. 45 in a 30 in Moody Tx.

Comment

Pay an attorney to handle it. Generally cheaper than the fines and easiest way to avoid the points.

Comment

I've had a CDL for years. I used to average a ticket per year, but now I'm down a bit, although I did get 3 in one day last year. Has NEVER affected my license.

Comment

That makes me reconsider getting a CDL. I was under the impression that not even a lawyer could get the points dropped, which has been my biggest hang up.

Comment

Deferred adjudication

Comment

No big deal I had 3 in 3 years, I paid them all and 1 of them didn't even show up on my record.

Comment

Working...
                              X