No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m new to Texas and a disabled vet looking for a lease deer and hog. Live in Fort Worth . Any suggestions?

Comment

We are flat covered up in hogs this year, Houston County near Arbor.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
        Share the link for those of us without a FB account [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        There’s no way to do that. Sorry.

Comment

Got a spot set up in Anderson County, but will be headed to Van Zandt County on opening day evening. Was told we had quite a few doe on a schedule out there and I'm going to try to fill the freezer on day one. I can't wait, it's almost here!

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
            We are flat covered up in hogs this year, Houston County near Arbor.
            I’m outside of Lovelady and don’t even have deer pics anymore. Only pigs.

I’m going to build a pen around my feeder. My lease buddy did it and is getting deer again.

We are up to 33 pigs so far in just a few short weeks of trapping and hunting. Trap’s full again tonight, I’ll head up tomorrow to dispatch them.

It’s a never ending battle this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
              I’m outside of Lovelady and don’t even have deer pics anymore. Only pigs.

I’m going to build a pen around my feeder. My lease buddy did it and is getting deer again.

We are up to 33 pigs so far in just a few short weeks of trapping and hunting. Trap’s full again tonight, I’ll head up tomorrow to dispatch them.

It’s a never ending battle this year.
              I’m glad it’s not just us. Normally we kill a few here and there but it’s almost a given any time you hunt now you can kill them.

Comment

The weather this looks great and, knock on wood, next weekend does too.

Comment

I’m looking forward to getting out to whack a few hogs on my place as soon as my dr gives me the ok.

My deer are looking good. But I’m not hunting them this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I missed a doe this weekend while the light was fading on Friday evening. Just grazed her. A little rusty I suppose. Earlier that same sit I watched a nice young 8 @ 15yds for 30 minutes or so. Saw 9 different deer out of that tree that sit in rusk county. Sunday evening out of same tree as that storm was trying to roll through watched a 6pt and 3 more does. No shots on the does. Great weekend. Felt good to be in the deer woods. Pic of said 8 pt from the trail cam while I was watching him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thursday cant come quick enough for my 2 weeks of vacation! This cold front just came in right on time. Anyone else climbing the trees this weekend?

Comment

Cold front low 40's this weekend, and the New Moon is Sunday, and the solunar forecast is calling for some of the best days in october Saturday / Sunday / Monday.... Better be in them woods..... Should be the start of our rut this weekend. We always run last week of October.

Comment

I will be off Thursday after work for 5 days. Be in the woods in Anderson County all 5 days. This front along with the new moon is going to be SWEET!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            Cold front low 40's this weekend, and the New Moon is Sunday, and the solunar forecast is calling for some of the best days in october Saturday / Sunday / Monday.... Better be in them woods..... Should be the start of our rut this weekend. We always run last week of October.
                            I'll be there till at least Tuesday! Come home for a few days then head back for opening of rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
                              I will be off Thursday after work for 5 days. Be in the woods in Anderson County all 5 days. This front along with the new moon is going to be SWEET!!!!!!
                              I'll be in San Augustine County !

Comment

I'll be in Houston County Saturday morning with my son for his first ever deer hunt. I'm gladly giving up one of my favorite bowhunting weekends to hopefully see him harvest his first deer. I'm excited and so is he. I'm loving the weather forecast.

Comment

Working...
                                X