4 Runner Lift Kit Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Runner Lift Kit Installer

I'm wanting to install a 3" suspension lift on the wife's 18' Runner in the near future so she can run some 35's. Anyone in the League City/Houston area Reasonable with labor; Any recommendations on individuals that install on the side?
    Thanks,
    Roby

My buddy owns Boggy Creek Offroad. They do tons of lifts. They use Ready Lift. He's across from Ellington. Call Scott at 281.960.9060.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Manvel. They do good work and great prices.

Comment

Gonna need a sawzall and hammer to run 35" tires on it.

Running 285/70/17 with 0 offset and still rub after significant trimming. We have an icon lift set at about 2.5" up front. CV angles get worse around 3".

And with 35" you'll want gears and or supercharger.

They're fairly simple. You could install the lift yourself with a floor jack and stands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

You will not get 35’s on a 4Runner without some significant cutting of both steel and plastic. Even then, it’ll rub and it will run like ****. You do/try what you want, but my advice to you is dont. I’ve had 3 5th gen runners and still have heavily modified 2017 TRD Off-road premium. It’s pretty much common knowledge that 285’s is THE size tire to stick with. There are some guys that trim in some 295’s and even a few with 305’s, but lots of trimming, lifts, and a body lift as well. Get on Toyota 4Runner dot org and spend some time. You’ll learn a lot. Also, stay away from spacer lifts. Get a good suspension kit or leave it stock. Also, if you go over 1.5” in front, get new adjustable front control arms. Do the install yourself. Basic tools and some time is all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
            You will not get 35’s on a 4Runner without some significant cutting of both steel and plastic. Even then, it’ll rub and it will run like ****. You do/try what you want, but my advice to you is dont. I’ve had 3 5th gen runners and still have heavily modified 2017 TRD Off-road premium. It’s pretty much common knowledge that 285’s is THE size tire to stick with. There are some guys that trim in some 295’s and even a few with 305’s, but lots of trimming, lifts, and a body lift as well. Get on Toyota 4Runner dot org and spend some time. You’ll learn a lot. Also, stay away from spacer lifts. Get a good suspension kit or leave it stock. Also, if you go over 1.5” in front, get new adjustable front control arms. Do the install yourself. Basic tools and some time is all you need.
            I really want to add a 1" Body lift and go 295/70/17.

The intelligent part of my brain says no though. Probably a year left on my BFGs.

What all do you have done? We just did prinsu rack, icon front and rear with control arms, SCS wheels and BFG AT(Not a huge fan).

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
              I'm wanting to install a 3" suspension lift on the wife's 18' Runner in the near future so she can run some 35's. Anyone in the League City/Houston area Reasonable with labor; Any recommendations on individuals that install on the side?
              Thanks,
              Roby
              Do more research. You're headed down the wrong path.

Comment

I run an old man emu front and rear kit on my 2016 and have been very happy with it. I ordered it with the struts pre assembled and it took my maybe 3 hours to install it in the driveway by myself. There are lots of youtube how too's if you don't know how. I am running 275's, sometimes i wish i would have gone with 285's but overall happy with it. 35's would be way more work than it's worth in my opinion.

The upfront cost of the tools may be as much as labor to do it...however you'll always have the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  I really want to add a 1" Body lift and go 295/70/17.

The intelligent part of my brain says no though. Probably a year left on my BFGs.

What all do you have done? We just did prinsu rack, icon front and rear with control arms, SCS wheels and BFG AT(Not a huge fan).

I really wanted to go with 295’s as well this last time, but after talking to some guys and seeing what I’d have to do to stuff them in there, I just went back with another set of E rated 285’s.

I have icon coil overs on the front with remote reservoirs and CDC adjusters. SPC upper control arms. Icons on the rear. Full set of RCI skids front to back. SSO sliders w/rear kickout. Icon wheels. E rated 285/70/17 Falken WildPeaks AT3W. HID’s, LEDs, etc..... It definitely gets “used” for what it was made for. It’s ran hundreds and hundreds of miles off-road in Colorado. It made it up the wall at Poughkeepsie Gulch outside of Ouray without being winched up. They are absolutely awesome vehicles when there is a good driver behind the wheel.

I had a Gobi rack, but I sold it because I never needed. Not even once. I sold it for $400 more than I paid for it. I had SCS Ray 10 wheels, but I sold them earlier this year and got some Icons. No complaints with the SCS wheels. Just wanted something new.

Comment

The Storm Trooper
                    Attached Files

Comment

There is a shop near the Cabelas in League City called "The Shop Offroad." He knows his stuff and can tell you if 35s can be installed and what will need to be done at a good price. If he doesnt think it can be done he will give you multiple options to consider.

Comment

Thanks All for the info. I'm not set on 35's; just haven't researched yet. I've watched a couple install videos (can't remember which kit), but they were saying to cut the frame to install part of the kit. I don't mind doing some work to save labor, but I ain't cutting the frame..., and not sure if i'd let anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                          Thanks All for the info. I'm not set on 35's; just haven't researched yet. I've watched a couple install videos (can't remember which kit), but they were saying to cut the frame to install part of the kit. I don't mind doing some work to save labor, but I ain't cutting the frame..., and not sure if i'd let anyone else.
                          To go higher than 3" requires drop brackets. Thats the frame cutting part.

3" and under just bolt on new coil overs basically. Add UCA if you want more articulation.

Comment

I really wanted to go with 295’s as well this last time, but after talking to some guys and seeing what I’d have to do to stuff them in there, I just went back with another set of E rated 285’s.

I have icon coil overs on the front with remote reservoirs and CDC adjusters. SPC upper control arms. Icons on the rear. Full set of RCI skids front to back. SSO sliders w/rear kickout. Icon wheels. E rated 285/70/17 Falken WildPeaks AT3W. HID’s, LEDs, etc..... It definitely gets “used” for what it was made for. It’s ran hundreds and hundreds of miles off-road in Colorado. It made it up the wall at Poughkeepsie Gulch outside of Ouray without being winched up. They are absolutely awesome vehicles when there is a good driver behind the wheel.

I had a Gobi rack, but I sold it because I never needed. Not even once. I sold it for $400 more than I paid for it. I had SCS Ray 10 wheels, but I sold them earlier this year and got some Icons. No complaints with the SCS wheels. Just wanted something new.
                            Nice. I use the Prinsu to haul kayak and fishing rods on trips that I don't bring the boat. I think I'll go falken next time as well.

Comment

The Storm Trooper

Love the black bear pic. One tough trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X