Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
    Looks like I'm headed down tonight instead of in the morning! I'm too eager [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gates close at 10PM. No way to get in after that. They open at 6AM. You can drive out during the night. But can't get back in after 10PM. Just thought I'd let ya know in case you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Gates close at 10PM. No way to get in after that. They open at 6AM. You can drive out during the night. But can't get back in after 10PM. Just thought I'd let ya know in case you didn't.
      I am currently in steele creek. Scouted one unit so far. Found a few areas I liked and on my hike back out. I found a spot where someone skinned a deer. It was definately from this season. Found 2 spots that people have left their chair or stand lol so must be good hunting [emoji1787] found my own spot, put my camera out and tossed half a bag of corn so well see what we can get! Tomorrow I have the same game plan. Gonna do some ground hunting, look for some areas to hang my tree stand for my week off and see if we can get something down!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw about 7 deer yesterday, none were clear for a shot, except for 1 basket rack 6 point that I couldn't shoot. Switched it up a bit yesterday evening (hunted with no bait) and had 4 hogs come right under my tree, they were behind me though, so no shot. By the time they were almost to an opening where I could shoot, they busted me. Wind was good at first, but then they got in it, and probably smelled me. All in all it was a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          LW, where'd yell move to? Area?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Nice pet yards have there.
          We moved to Glen Rose. We bought 8.5ac. we are tiny living it right now until I get out of school then we will build a house.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
            We moved to Glen Rose. We bought 8.5ac. we are tiny living it right now until I get out of school then we will build a house.

Beautiful area ! I used to ride down there just for the hill work. Been up and down the Chalk to many times to remember.

Comment

I used to train for backpack and climbing trips out at Dinosaur Valley State Park. I bet I've put in 1,500 miles on those trails. There's a very clear and deep lake there that we have fished with our kayaks called Wheeler's Branch. Clear enough to watch bass take a worm. They used to put trout in the river during January.

Comment

I’ll be camping at soldiers bluff this weekend if anyone plans to stay or stop by. Truck with a public land owner sticker. Stop by and chat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaCali View Post
                  I’ll be camping at soldiers bluff this weekend if anyone plans to stay or stop by. Truck with a public land owner sticker. Stop by and chat!

What dose a "Public Land Owner" sticker look like?

Comment

It’s text. Says “Public Land Owner”

Comment

Anything movin? I know acorns r plentiful!

Comment

Anyone else miss a morning hunt because weather app said it was suppose to thunderstorm all morning?! Rookie mistake, next time Ill get up and check instead of relying on the weatherman.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin704 View Post
                          Anyone else miss a morning hunt because weather app said it was suppose to thunderstorm all morning?! Rookie mistake, next time Ill get up and check instead of relying on the weatherman.

I was supposed to be out there today-Sunday and now I don’t know if I will be out there until tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Heading out to Whitney saturday, gonna be my first time hunting whitetail here in Texas. Planned to just scout midday for a place to climb into for the evening. Hopefully i have some first timer's luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardale View Post
                              Heading out to Whitney saturday, gonna be my first time hunting whitetail here in Texas. Planned to just scout midday for a place to climb into for the evening. Hopefully i have some first timer's luck.
                              Best of luck to you . And welcome to the group.

Comment

Deer were up, feeding, and moving at 3:00PM today .

Comment

Working...
                                X