Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s See Your Lightweight (Mobile) Public Land Setups! (Stands/sticks & climbers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yessir, that's the Millennium. At first I thought I screwed up, thought it was way too short, which it is. Set it up and hunted in it and killed a doe at 18 yards that was completely oblivious to my presence, must have been tall enough for her. It wasn't terribly easy to carry for the initial 1.5 miles, especially due to me going slow being quiet with my bow and pack too, but it wasn't that hard either. I bought a 2nd one used here on the classifieds for a good discount so I can have two stands depending on wind or morning/evening, or for the wife to use. Where I hunt you can't leave the stands more than a few days so they need to be light enough to carry frequently.

Comment

I don't use climbing sticks and dropped the weight by just using an Etrier by Black Diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmillerdesign View Post
        I don't use climbing sticks and dropped the weight by just using an Etrier by Black Diamond.
        so how do you attach the Etrier to the tree?

Comment

Anyone have experience with the guide gear brand hang ons? I’m looking to buy one to see if I like using a hang on stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, just saw I never replied to this. I have tied a short length of rope to the end, wrap around the tree and loop on itself. When i get to the top step, I put all my weight on the saddle and shimmy my etrier loop up...rinse and repeat. You can see it in this pic.

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            so how do you attach the Etrier to the tree?

Comment

i only been climbing trees for three years but i dont like the weight of the summit viper sd. i want to move over to something much lighter but still want that big platform and bar around the seat for security. the only thing i have done was replace the straps with the xop transport system

Comment

I’m hunting out of a tethrd mantis tree saddle and a predator platform. I’m also using lone wolf climbing sticks that have been wrapped with stealth strips. You can’t get any lighter or as comfortable. I love this setup.

Comment

I bought some hawk combat stands and I can not get comfortable in them. The only place where it will bite the tree is at the top and I can’t get them to sit right. They haven’t beat the old faithful climber yet, which I can get up a tree and hunting in under 10 minutes. Last time I got in the tree I think it took me 7. Thinking about trying out a saddle.

Comment

Just a random tree I set up in practicing. It completely dissolves!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X