Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
    Saw a picture on Facebook last night from a group out of Sargent with a cooler full of bull croaker. My MIL will cut a man for a chance at some croaker like that.
    There’s usually a big run of them up the San Bernard. We caught a pile of them last year. My favorite eating fish.

Comment

Last weekend people were catching good croaker in the ICW around the bait camps in Sargent. Dead baiting on the bottom. Good to see a bit of a croaker run going on. Nice catches men.

Comment

Oh the old croaker run. I hope they're still going in a week or so. I'll take a cooler full!

Comment

Saw a picture on Facebook last night from a group out of Sargent with a cooler full of bull croaker. My MIL will cut a man for a chance at some croaker like that.
          Got that picture

Comment

Gotta ask, why do people like eating croaker so much? I'm guessing frying them whole?

Comment

One of the best tasting fish there is. Why do you think the trout like them so much?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                Gotta ask, why do people like eating croaker so much? I'm guessing frying them whole?
                I fillet them. They’re one the best eating fish there is.

Comment

Croaker is good eating.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                    Have you ever eaten one? They're way better as food than bait, and they're good bait (so I hear).

Comment

Dang it man, I gotta quit checkin' this thread!! I've got a brand new custom rod a guy built for me that he left at FTU for me to pick up... I would love to catch me a cooler full of those big golden croker like that!!! Absolutely be best eatin' fish that comes out of the water... Crappie of salt water!! Heck, maybe even better'n crappie!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Dang it man, I gotta quit checkin' this thread!! I've got a brand new custom rod a guy built for me that he left at FTU for me to pick up... I would love to catch me a cooler full of those big golden croker like that!!! Absolutely be best eatin' fish that comes out of the water... Crappie of salt water!! Heck, maybe even better'n crappie!
                        What name is it under? I am headed to FTU later this afternoon.....

Comment

I glad they're not a big fish. I believe a 5 lb'er would pull you out of the boat. That first yank they give is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            I glad they're not a big fish. I believe a 5 lb'er would pull you out of the boat. That first yank they give is impressive.
                            Very true. Had a 10” croaker lay over a surf rod last weekend like a bull red.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Have you ever eaten one? They're way better as food than bait, and they're good bait (so I hear).
                              Nope, never have, but I would be open to trying some. Just havent had the chance.

Comment

What name is it under? I am headed to FTU later this afternoon.....

Oh not you don't!!

Besides it s for a leftie anyhoo...

Comment

Working...
                                X