2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Wife nailed down her first bow kill Saturday night. Then added 2 more yesterday. Mighty midget made quick work of a 40 yard track across the creek

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congrats to the huntress!!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
      Last weekend found out I have a new neighbor who has put 2 feeders up. One 10' off a fence line, with my property road/trail right on the other side, and the other about 100 feet off the fence line. Both stands shooting right at the fence line, one actually pointed right at the camp house.

I meet him as he was filling one of the feeders and mentioned that I think he has a good shoot at shooting me. We talked and took a look around his property on how he could set up with out shooting at my fence. He has 80 acres of field, and the only woods around him are mine. The best part of the conversation was when he tells me that we are both going to have to compromise. What? He wants me to put a flag out on the street when I am there. He lives down the road. I travel 3 hrs.

This is all unbelievable to me, what do people think and don't they know it is illegal to shoot across property lines.

If his feeders are note moved this weekend, do you think I should contact the game warden?

Sorry for rant.

Nice bow kill on the yote ethic 1.
      Sucks to have neighbors like that. Nothing you can do until he does shoot across fence. At that time he has already been warned.

I don’t worry about the feeder thing on fences. Nothing ever comes to one in daylight anyway except hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

I don’t worry about the feeder thing on fences. Nothing ever comes to one in daylight anyway except hogs.
        Ya, this has me worried since I walk right by it in the dark morning around a bend in the road. Just what I need to walk up on a group of feeding hogs.

Comment

Last weekend found out I have a new neighbor who has put 2 feeders up. One 10' off a fence line, with my property road/trail right on the other side, and the other about 100 feet off the fence line. Both stands shooting right at the fence line, one actually pointed right at the camp house.

I meet him as he was filling one of the feeders and mentioned that I think he has a good shoot at shooting me. We talked and took a look around his property on how he could set up with out shooting at my fence. He has 80 acres of field, and the only woods around him are mine. The best part of the conversation was when he tells me that we are both going to have to compromise. What? He wants me to put a flag out on the street when I am there. He lives down the road. I travel 3 hrs.

This is all unbelievable to me, what do people think and don't they know it is illegal to shoot across property lines.

If his feeders are note moved this weekend, do you think I should contact the game warden?

Sorry for rant.

Put up some sheets of plywood on your side of the fence where his shooting lane is. If you have bullet holes in said board(s) absolutely call the game warden because he’s officially messed up.

Comment

Sorry for rant.

Assuming he’s in an elevated blind shooting at a target 28” off the ground, how far do you honestly think the bullet will travel into your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Assuming he’s in an elevated blind shooting at a target 28” off the ground, how far do you honestly think the bullet will travel into your property?

Blind is not elevated. If he shoots at an animal, I would say 80% of gullets will cross fence line.

Comment

Blind is not elevated. If he shoots at an animal, I would say 80% of gullets will cross fence line.

Sucks. Go with the plywood method.

Comment

Anyone hunting today? I sure wish I could be in the woods but work first, play later...or some crap like that.

Here's the buck I passed on last Friday evening. I got some good video of him with my cell phone since he was creeping up on me from 7 to 18 yards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    Anyone hunting today? I sure wish I could be in the woods but work first, play later...or some crap like that.

Here's the buck I passed on last Friday evening. I got some good video of him with my cell phone since he was creeping up on me from 7 to 18 yards.

I’d say good pass he looks 4.5 to me an shows some potential. 7 yards from an etx deer is an accomplishment in itself [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great looking buck Mr. Johnny, your passing skills are much better than mine.............ha ha

Rwc

Comment

Cool video!

Comment

Nice looking buck I would agree 3.5 to 4.5
                          Last edited by RTM; 10-16-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I am with RCW,
                            "Great looking buck Mr. Johnny, your passing skills are much better than mine"

Comment

Great buck. He looks EXACTLY like the one that ducked my arrow at 37yds on the morning of 10/7 up at our place in Houston County. I had him at 10 yds the next morning but he saw me move to draw. Ended up shooting my target that evening so it worked out. It's crazy how much it looks like him.

Comment

I think that deer is prime of life mature. I'm guessing 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X