Missouri DIY hunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri DIY hunt??

I use to have access to some awesome private land in southern Missouri, it spoiled me, but have since lost it due to death in the family. With that said I'm looking at given it a try on public land, found out tags for disabled vets are at residential cost. Have any of yall had success or any pointers best time of the year, or what portion of the state is best. Will be using archery gear me and a buddy for atleast 4-6 days.

Get on x

Comment

Up

Comment

Nobody?

Comment

There’s deer in Missouri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Use to love bowhunting on my great uncles place on lake Truman, true monsters up there. I’m no help with the other

Comment

I hunt some private ground in NW Mizzou. Tons of public land to deer hunt in that state. Just google.

Comment

My suggestion would be to look at southern Missouri more public land and larger tracts look for rivers or large creeks and that’s where I would start. The last week of October til the start of rifle season 16th of November I believe would be the best time. Late season can be really good also but finding the food and braving the elements can be tough. Early season you will be fighting chiggers and ticks hate them suckers season starts September 15th but bucks are still on summer patterns. Most people talk about the northern Missouri bucks they grow some giants up there but don’t discount southern Missouri there are some giants that come out of the Ozarks every year. I own land in the Ozarks and have very nice deer on camera every year.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  My suggestion would be to look at southern Missouri more public land and larger tracts look for rivers or large creeks and that’s where I would start. The last week of October til the start of rifle season 16th of November I believe would be the best time. Late season can be really good also but finding the food and braving the elements can be tough. Early season you will be fighting chiggers and ticks hate them suckers season starts September 15th but bucks are still on summer patterns. Most people talk about the northern Missouri bucks they grow some giants up there but don’t discount southern Missouri there are some giants that come out of the Ozarks every year. I own land in the Ozarks and have very nice deer on camera every year.
                  Very good points here. Issues with flooding in the bottoms still to this day from spring/summer. Do hard research before making the trek.

1st 10 days of November is usually the best time of year Rut wise.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                    Southern Missouri is where I hunted on private land, so its defintly on the list to check out, I'm looking at going first week in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                      Very good points here. Issues with flooding in the bottoms still to this day from spring/summer. Do hard research before making the trek.

1st 10 days of November is usually the best time of year Rut wise.
                      Good info, I'll check into the conditions prior!

Comment

You should do this!

Comment

Anywhere in the state is good but if I where you I would try to bowhunt the first week in November and stay above interstate 70 there's tons of public land in southern Missouri but northern Missouri is farm land. It's easier to hunt and the deer are generally bigger. The public land up here doesn't get hunted much at all until rifle season. So most places you will have to yourself. Find a place setup in a strip of woods and get ready because the bucks are usually chasing really good that first week of November

Comment

Or I can hook you up on my property or one of the farms I have leased

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              I would take it in a heartbeat but got a buddy coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X