Texas CDL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas CDL Question

What is the best way to go about getting CDL Class A if I already have the job lined up? Most places I am calling want to pay for it but I work for them after. I am Active Duty getting out soon and already have a job lined up (family business). If I were a resident in Oklahoma this would be much easier but I am taking over some territory in TX. I need Class A with Air Brake endorsement. I am in the DFW area if you know anyone who does the training.

Ask the dmv what form you need and you should beable to skip alot of the test if you have a military driving license with air brakes on it like a pls or lhs truck maybe lmtv also. Donit before you get out thou.

Comment

I am 11 Series and haven’t had a Military DL in 10 years. Only stopping me from getting that expedition waiver on test so I have to go full route.

Comment

What I did some years ago was study the practice tests on youtube and watched a few videos and then went to the dmv and took all my written tests. I think there were 5-6 written test to pass depending on what endorsements you need/want. When I got that knocked out I found a guy in Weatherford, TX who I spent the morning with and he basically taught me how to parallel park the rig. I went and took my driving test the next morning in his truck, passed and that's it. Class A license. This is the cheapest route to go and worked well for me. Good luck from a former 11b1p

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Gettin cdl now is at different from years ago. Written test is pretty much same but when takin drivin test you have to do a pre trip with the officer giving the test. You will have to explain what you are inspecting and why in detail to their satisfaction or you will fail and they will not tell you why you failed. Had a couple friends that just went through this and both failed first time around. Learn EVERYTHING that is on a pretrip well and b able to explain very well why you are checking each one. Will also have to pass,a dot physical which is not bad. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X