X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had one do that and they replaced it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Well that's the first time I've seen one get cooked. Was it connected to a solar panel? Did anything else get burned like the battery, solar panel, etc.?

In spite of your experience, it's still the best timer on the market IMO.

Could have been a bad battery, or some type of power surge like a lightning strike.

Agreed. The Timer has been very good to me for going on 13 years......In use and on one I needed warrantied on my pig place because it would lose time. It was part of the bad batch on a new purchase and they swapped it out without question.

Hopefully they get you taken care of.

Comment

I must have one of the bad ones... mine will randomly kick on and run till the battery dies. Test it 10 times in a row and it's fine, then a week later I'll have 200#s of corn on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
          I must have one of the bad ones... mine will randomly kick on and run till the battery dies. Test it 10 times in a row and it's fine, then a week later I'll have 200#s of corn on the ground.

There was a bad batch of them about 3 years ago. They were sending replacements out for free back then.

Comment

May be this dang Texas Heat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
              ...Any ideas what could have caused this?
              Heat.

I've got a few that I've had for several years, no problems @ all. I have had to get (1) THE REMOTE replaced under warranty, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                Not any problems for us.
                Best timers I have used
                x2

Comment

No other damage...and it was hooked up to a solar panel...I put a cheap Remington timer on it and it is working fine. Thanks for the feedback and I will see if they will replace. I think I will buy 1-2 more and give them another shot since they have so many positive reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never a single issue with mine!

Comment

TTT for an expansion of this inquiry.

I’m having issues with the negative battery terminal corroding. Never seen or had this issue before. Anyone else having this issue when using The Timer? How did you remedy it?

Comment

They have a 5 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

lightening gotya. had that happen once. be glad you wernt there when it hit

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            TTT for an expansion of this inquiry.

I’m having issues with the negative battery terminal corroding. Never seen or had this issue before. Anyone else having this issue when using The Timer? How did you remedy it?

I run 6 "The Timers".... I had one that had the negative battery corrode in 12 years. Not sure what caused it but I replaced the connection, replaced the battery as it went dead and have not had another issue out of it in 2 seasons. I check them each time I change the time because of it now.. We did have a lot of moisture that year and that particular box is not centered under the feeder so no telling if moisture contributed to it.....or just a battery leaking and going bad. But judging by the years before and after it was not a Timer issue

Comment

Replace with the "Plan B" timer. Same manufacturer, same timer with fewer events. Save $25

PLAN-B TIMER https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XPKVT..._jD0ODb76FR433

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

I’ve got 16 of them running on our place now. They are the most reliable piece of equipment on the place

Comment

Working...
                                X