Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So....why do you need a 4 wheel drive. All wheel drive. 4x2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have to ask you probably don't need one.

Comment

I just have to have it. I bought a 2wd years ago justifying it as I don't really need 4x4. I was wrong.

Also for the last year and a half my wife and I both now have 4x4. So convenient. Lifted 4x4 4runner and a lifted 4x4 Suburban. Either way we can do whatever we need to do in either.

Comment

People who say you don't need a 4WD just don't get off the hard top or hard pack very much.
        If you do, then you know your limitations!
        Some say you just get stuck deeper in the woods with a 4WD, which isn't always the case, but what is the truth, is you can still go further into those woods with a 4WD than a 2WD grocery hauler.

Comment

I have them because I live int he country and own land. Most people keep them to help compensate............

-john

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
            Cause I like the sticker that says 4x4
            Originally posted by sailor View Post
            Cause I like four wheels, spinning on ice
            instead of two....
            x2

Plus when I shoot that spike while poaching behind the HF 4x4 makes me feel like I can get away from the wardens faster.

I'd say way over 90% of 4x4 owners do not need to have it. Is it really that hard to not get stuck? And if you get stuck once every 10 years that does not come remotely close to paying for that 4x4 probably not even the extra gas you spent over the years on the 4x4

To answer the OP - I have a 4x4 and I use it on the ranch every month or so (the 4x4 part). Towing up rocky hills and when it gets real slick. Even I could probably go without and use the tractor though.

Comment

It beats walking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                It beats walking out.
                Or having to call one of your buddies that has a 4WD to have to drive out and pull you out!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  x2

I'd say way over 90% of 4x4 owners do not need to have it. Is it really that hard to not get stuck? And if you get stuck once every 10 years that does not come remotely close to paying for that 4x4 probably not even the extra gas you spent over the years on the 4x4
                  That 90% are the same ones that jack up a 2WD pickup and put huge mud tires on it to make their truck look like a 4WD.

Comment

PINS, Mustang Island, Big Bend, Colorado, New Mexico, and old ranch roads.

Comment

Got stuck for 12 hrs in this freak snow storm in my moms 2 wheel drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        It’s a limited slip only for the front. A locker in the rear with lsd up front and good tires will be pretty good combination though.
                        Thought they where adding e-locker to front? 99% positive. Even if limited still huge improvement, not sure to many people need a full front locker in F250. Might hear a few poops.

I run chains and cables so no big deal but sure would make running cables in the front much more effective

Comment

The best part about a two-wheel drive is when your buddy with a four-wheel-drive get stuck and calls you to help him out at 2 in the morning, you can tell him, "i can't do that I've only got a 2-wheel drive". Also a two-wheel drive will keep you from driving down trails and s*** and tearing up your truck. Cuz hey, it's only a two-wheel drive.

I am now only on my second four-wheel drive in my life, still undecided if I think it's worth it or not. But I do like it so far

Comment

I use 4wd for work at least once a week. I had a 2 wed rental for a couple of weeks this year while my truck was in the shop. It sucked, and added time to my day having to be more cautious about where I drove.

My wife’s 4 runner is a 2wd. Her next vehicle will be a 4wd, just incase I need to steal it for work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Because sand haulers can make a nice packed caliche road into a 1’ deep silt road that isn’t fun when it’s dry. When I’m really busy and visiting several locations a week I usually use my 4x4 about 2-3 times a week

Comment

You never need 4 wheel drive, until you need 4 wheel drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X