Old mexico: Internet / cell service methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old mexico: Internet / cell service methods

What do you guys utilize to get internet and cell phone service in Old Mexico?
    Nuevo Leon/Coahuila.

I will need to conduct business from a computer and phone daily while hunting in Mexico. I will probably be spending several weeks down there. Our place has electricity.

Looking to outfit myself and 2 business partners with whatever it takes to be able to make emails and phone calls successfully. I use a computer, printer/scanner alot.

What do we need? Satelite phones or air cards? Any suggestions to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

att should work.

Comment

I have TMobile for phone service. They have an agreement with Mexico, you'll get no roaming charges and free internet services while there. I send emails all the time from my stand.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post

Thanks, looks like we are in the other coverage (orange area)
        Last year I spent almost 4 total weeks. I was hardly able to send texts, or calls unless I found elevation or climbed a wind mill. Service was spotty to none. I was also barely able to successfully send emails or complete any downloads.

I'm looking for a fail proof way to ensure that I have the ability to perform computer/phone tasks while away.

Comment

I have AT&T and it works well at our place. we are in NL, right between Tamps and Coahuila, about 25 miles into the country. A cellphone booster and a good hotspot should do the trick. IT worked for me last year. I worked from camp and from the deer blind depending on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            I have TMobile for phone service. They have an agreement with Mexico, you'll get no roaming charges and free internet services while there. I send emails all the time from my stand.
            I can send some emails/ texts, but usually only when I am in a windmill stand that's 25' off the ground or on a hill. At the compound/camp, there is hardly anything you can do receive incoming texts/calls.

I notice that the natives are able to talk on their telefonos. I probably need to habla with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              I can send some emails/ texts, but usually only when I am in a windmill stand that's 25' off the ground or on a hill. At the compound/camp, there is hardly anything you can do receive incoming texts/calls.

I notice that the natives are able to talk on their telefonos. I probably need to habla with them!

Comment

Get on amazon and type in cell phone booster. Problem solved. Get yourself a hotspot for your cabin or use your phone as a hot spot

Comment

We have always been with at&t, but the service was spotty to non existent. We had a friend out one week and he is making and getting calls, uploading pictures, etc. He had Tmobile, we all switched and it has been much better. For our area tmobile seems to be best. Coahuila.

Comment

I have att and get service on about 50% of our ranch we too are in Coahuila

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
                      Get on amazon and type in cell phone booster. Problem solved. Get yourself a hotspot for your cabin or use your phone as a hot spot
                      I've worked in pipeline construction for numerous years and know of about cell phone boosters and have a several, and working off a mobile hot spot is a way of life for me. I think I just need a Mexican internet service provider...SUDDENLINKO?

Comment

Working...
                      X