Which Fishing Trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Fishing Trip?

Looking to book a fishing trip for a quick bachelor party weekend with a group of 5 guys. If it were up to yall would you rather go to Oklahoma and book a guided Paddlefish trip OR go to Lake Tawakoni and book a trophy catfish trip?? This trip will hopefully be the weekend of February 20th. We are all located in the DFW - Wichita Falls area

I'd go to Texoma. Catfish or Striper.

Comment

Tawakoni

Comment

depends what you're looking for. More action I'd say Tawakoni, personally I'd go to OK because I really want a paddle fish to drop off at BeetleGuy for my wall

Comment

We are already going to Texoma on a different guys bachelor party for striper two weeks prior or that would've been the plan. I think the Paddlefish would definitely be more interesting but I want all 5 guys to get action. Not sure how many paddlefish are typically caught on an all day trip as compared to catfish.

Comment

I would choose Tawakoni. Good catfish and I prefer the cold weather for catching big ones. Should have a lot of action.

Comment

I'd go to Tawakoni. I can't imagine a paddlefish trip being very exciting.

Comment

Considering it’s a bachelor party and I’d imagine it would be some what of a good guess there will be some drinking going on, paddlefish would be fun, but the style of fishing doesn’t allow you to participate with a beverage in your hand lol

Comment

Sounds like Lake Tawakoni is the way to go. Any guide recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                    We are already going to Texoma on a different guys bachelor party for striper two weeks prior or that would've been the plan. I think the Paddlefish would definitely be more interesting but I want all 5 guys to get action. Not sure how many paddlefish are typically caught on an all day trip as compared to catfish.

Most are snagging with Livescope anymore. I'm sure not all 5 folks are chunking and winding at the same time so leaves plenty of time for beer drinking.

Comment

I'd go catfishing. I've done the paddlefish snagging thing before and it wore me out and I caught ONE.

Comment

Venice La. In or off shore.

Comment

Cast N Blast on the Coast
                          Lake Fork Bass
                          Ray Roberts Crappie
                          Texoma Striper

Comment

Little john in Tawakoni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                              Sounds like Lake Tawakoni is the way to go. Any guide recommendations?
                              Michael Littlejohn. Trophy winter catfish fishing isn’t a numbers game but he catches some giants!

Comment

Working...
                              X