Deleting a 6.7 F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting a 6.7 F250

I’ve found a few threads with info on this, but nothing that is very recent. I’ve got a 2019 F250 6.7 that I’m planning on deleting in the next few months. I plan on doing it myself as it seems fairly simple, but I’m needing some input on where to get my tunes/delete pipe from and what tune levels y’all would suggest. Any other tips and suggestions would also be appreciated.

PS: I know some tune companies like to stay on the “down low,” so feel free to PM if you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
    I’ve found a few threads with info on this, but nothing that is very recent. I’ve got a 2019 F250 6.7 that I’m planning on deleting in the next few months. I plan on doing it myself as it seems fairly simple, but I’m needing some input on where to get my tunes/delete pipe from and what tune levels y’all would suggest. Any other tips and suggestions would also be appreciated.

PS: I know some tune companies like to stay on the “down low,” so feel free to PM if you prefer.

Black Diamond Unlimited in Ropesville did mine. I am pretty sure he will sell you just the tune.

Not sure your goal, but mine was strictly for towing and fuel mileage. I run full time on a +200hp tune and it increased the fuel mileage but 2.5 mpg. And believe me there is no shortage of power.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
      Black Diamond Unlimited in Ropesville did mine. I am pretty sure he will sell you just the tune.

Not sure your goal, but mine was strictly for towing and fuel mileage. I run full time on a +200hp tune and it increased the fuel mileage but 2.5 mpg. And believe me there is no shortage of power.

How much did he charge you if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
        How much did he charge you if you don’t mind me asking?

I want to say it was $900 for the delete and tune with a 5 position dial. I then had him add the box where you can see all the temps and pressures. The box also data logs in case there is an issue you can download the data and trace back the problem. That was another $500. The box isnt necessary and as per him very few get it but I wanted for peace of mind, I also have a teenager and it was a load deterrent for him hot rodding the truck when he knows I can pull the data in just a few minutes with m y cell phone.

Comment

Bump

Comment

If you get to Houston, there is a really good shop in Alvin. Also another guy up towards Dallas I found out about at the drag strip. You might search the powerstroke forum, that will get you better info.

Man unless you are just wanting to massively increase power, wear out your transmission (And decrease resale), I would say leave it as is. The new DPF/DEF systems are 100x better than they were in the 2011-2016 models.

That said, I deleted my truck, and it does make a world of difference.

Comment

I ordered my tunes and box from a place in Canada. Did the part removal in my driveway.

I think I'm a little less than 2k into it but went with a full exhaust and the 5 position tuner/monitor.

I generally run mine on party mode unless I'm towing or my wife is driving it.

Comment

Seriously don't want this to be a political ****storm, but do you think there will be more regulation on this with a Biden EPA?

More cracking down on inspections nationwide or going after individuals rather than dealers?

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                  Seriously don't want this to be a political ****storm, but do you think there will be more regulation on this with a Biden EPA?

More cracking down on inspections nationwide or going after individuals rather than dealers?
                  this, it's only a matter of time before deletes won't pass muster and then you are stuck with a really expensive asset. as mentioned above, unless you just need some additional power I would consider leaving it stock not to mention voiding warranty on a newer truck.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                    this, it's only a matter of time before deletes won't pass muster and then you are stuck with a really expensive asset. as mentioned above, unless you just need some additional power I would consider leaving it stock not to mention voiding warranty on a newer truck.
                    It's not all that hard to go back to stock if you so chose. I kept all of my DPF/EGR/Muffler Parts and pieces in the rafters of the barn.

And warranty can be subjective. I've seen plenty of warranty work on deleted trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post

I do believe it will become more of an issue, I just got out of a deleted duramax, I'm not deleting the new one for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                        It's not all that hard to go back to stock if you so chose. I kept all of my DPF/EGR/Muffler Parts and pieces in the rafters of the barn.

And warranty can be subjective. I've seen plenty of warranty work on deleted trucks.
                        Yeah, the problem becomes what happens to the DEF injectors after they sit unused for months or years, what crap builds up inside the DPF without exhaust burning it off.

But I agree with you, I've seen some shops do warranty work, while others won't. It really depends on how good of friends you are with the service manager

My current truck is at 166k. My next truck won't be deleted simply because it's not worth the headache if something goes out, and I have to pay an obscene amount of money for a new transmission or turbo or fuel pump.

Comment

I've owned many diesel Fords and now have the 2019 F-250 and I personally don't see the need for the Delete. It has plenty of power and the fuel mileage is awesome for a big truck. I've pulled a 40ft. trailer loaded with a 100 hp kubota tractor and a 15" batwing mower and the truck had no problems pulling this load. I have been thoroughly impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                            I've owned many diesel Fords and now have the 2019 F-250 and I personally don't see the need for the Delete. It has plenty of power and the fuel mileage is awesome for a big truck. I've pulled a 40ft. trailer loaded with a 100 hp kubota tractor and a 15" batwing mower and the truck had no problems pulling this load. I have been thoroughly impressed.
                            What kind of mileage are you getting? My '17 MPG sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              Yeah, the problem becomes what happens to the DEF injectors after they sit unused for months or years, what crap builds up inside the DPF without exhaust burning it off.
                              I've wondered about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X