Elk Poachers - Caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Disgusting. i have emptied a mag on a fleeing truck loaded with poachers. pretty sure i didn't hit anyone but pretty sure i put some holes in their truck
    I know a guy who went to prison for 15 months for doing this.
    Two guys shot a deer off the road that was standing between them and the guy's son who was bow hunting in a ground blind. The kid called his dad who showed up in a truck and confronted the guys. They ran and he chased them down the road in is truck and shot their truck all to pieces but didn't hit anybody. All parties involved served time,

Comment

yeah, well i was in fear for my life since they had rifles and, i was stupid and young.

Comment

WOW, Glad they were caught but hate hear the amount of waste they created. Was the meat able to be donated or was it to far gone?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
          yeah, well i was in fear for my life since they had rifles and, i was stupid and young.
          I can't say I don't agree with either one of ya. I'm liable to have done the same under the same circumstances. Just wanted to toss that story out as a PSA

Comment

Awesome, glad you caught them. Now pics?

Comment

Originally posted by tlh2865 View Post
              I can't say I don't agree with either one of ya. I'm liable to have done the same under the same circumstances. Just wanted to toss that story out as a PSA

Thank you for that. i was stupid
              Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Man that is insane and horrible at the same time! Great on you guys for catching them!!!

Comment

Wow Josh - I heard you were headed out on an elk hunt you had won at an auction and wondered how it went. Too bad the poachers ruined your trip but you have a much better story to tell! Generic "I shot an elk" stories are a dime a dozen!

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                    Turns out they had plenty... the guy from Texas owns a pretty solid business, the rig he was driving, with horse trailer and sleeping quarters, were all pretty new, and his brother, similar rig, lives about 2 miles from the ranch HQ on a property i'm guessing he spent over a million on..... they could have easily paid to hunt the ethical and legal way.
                    Dang, that's the craziest part of this story to me

Comment

Should have taken them all to train station ! But at least their legal hunting days are over, I am sure they will still find away though, they always do. Train ride, no more ...................JK of course ( kinda) . Glad they got caught.
                      Last edited by critter69; 11-02-2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Dang...That's crazy. Glad they were caught!

Comment

Elk Poachers - Caught

I hope they do some jail time for this. I would think a busted poacher who looses their privileges won’t really care. Sounds like paying fines won’t be any problem for these idiots.

After all you don’t need a hunting license to poach critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
                              WOW, Glad they were caught but hate hear the amount of waste they created. Was the meat able to be donated or was it to far gone?
                              Fortunately the high was 26, and the meat from the bulls they had quartered was taken, will be frozen for evidence, then given to the needy. The meat they left on the carcasses (prob another 20-ish pounds) was not able to be kept as it had been picked at by birds and other animals. They had not located the gut shot cow when we caught them, so by the time we found her, she was fully wasted. It bumped up charges from "waste" to "statutory waste" which is a higher penalty.

Comment

By the time they are done paying it would have been much cheaper to go hunt a UUUUGGGE private ranch for 400 inch bulls!

Comment

Working...
                                X