What tripod are you running on a Hog Saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tripod are you running on a Hog Saddle

Looking to assemble a shooting tripod. I’m not looking for something too heavy as I would also want to carry it in my pack on backcountry hunts. I’ve been looking at the Vanguard Veo tripods and they have several with weight loading capacities in the 13-17lb range and the tripod weighs 3.5 lbs or less. Was wondering if there was a better option for $125 or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you're going to be happy with a lightweight tripod in that price range as it will probably be aluminum and pretty flimsy. The Slik 700dx tripod is super solid and a great value for $100, but not exactly lightweight. For your situation, I'd try to spend a little more and find a decent carbon fiber tripod.

Comment

I bought the one they were selling at the time. Carbon fiber and super solid-- little bit heavy and pretty dang expensive. Danish military I think? I've been happy with it and have hauled it around on a pack in west Texas and NE New Mexico.

Comment

by they I mean the Hog Saddle folks-- I bought it with my Saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
          Looking to assemble a shooting tripod. I’m not looking for something too heavy as I would also want to carry it in my pack on backcountry hunts. I’ve been looking at the Vanguard Veo tripods and they have several with weight loading capacities in the 13-17lb range and the tripod weighs 3.5 lbs or less. Was wondering if there was a better option for $125 or less.

I bought the aluminum tripod hog saddle sells and a head.

Think I am at just under 8lbs. In my pack it isnt so bad and it will double as the tripod for my spotter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am using a carbon fiber i got off Amazon. It is the same one night goggles sells. Been good so far

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
              I don't think you're going to be happy with a lightweight tripod in that price range as it will probably be aluminum and pretty flimsy. The Slik 700dx tripod is super solid and a great value for $100, but not exactly lightweight. For your situation, I'd try to spend a little more and find a decent carbon fiber tripod.

The Vanguard Veo 265AB is aluminum with a loading weight of 17.6 lbs and it weighs 3.4lbs. The Slik has a loading weight of 19lbs, but weighs 7lbs. You think there is that much difference?

Comment

Leofoto LN364C with a leofoto LH55 head.

Not in your price range but a super nice set up. And as small as I think you can go and have stability.

Comment

Glassing with a tripod like that won’t be an issue. As far as shooting stability I can’t say that I’d expect very much. My rifle might weigh 10-11 lbs all in, but I plan on loading considerably more weight on to it with my shoulder for stability. Something to consider.

I rock the same tripod as Trophy8.

Comment

The Innorel RT90C is more than your looking to spend but have good reviews and are still cheaper then RRS. Personally i'm running a Manfroto carbon fiber tripod i had before i got the hog saddle.

I'm also transitioning slowly to ARCA rails. I'll still keep the hog saddle for some of my less used rifles.

Comment

Working...
                    X