No announcement yet.

GM 5.3L Vs. 6.2L...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a new GMC and went thru the same decision process. I ended up going with the 3.0 turbo diesel and love it. Better MPG and same torque as the 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
      I just bought a new GMC and went thru the same decision process. I ended up going with the 3.0 turbo diesel and love it. Better MPG and same torque as the 6.2

I thought about it but wanted to get away from diesel Maintenance. How much are the fuel filters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the 5.3 and many times I wish I had a few more ponies under the hood. I don’t pull a lot either but having the extra if needed would be nice. Besides, there’s no substitute for horsepower!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          What size tires you running

I’ve researched the 5.3 and of the big three it’s the best smallblock V8 from what I gathered. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Best at what?
          Every manufacture offers a more powerful V8.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
            I thought about it but wanted to get away from diesel Maintenance. How much are the fuel filters?

I just purchased the truck. Haven't had to replace it yet so I am not sure

Comment

I’ve got the 6.2 in a 2020 AT4, absolutely love it. I don’t know that I’ll ever go back to the 5.3. I haven’t even checked gas mileage yet cause I don’t really care, but I absolutely love this engine and truck.

Hey Russ81, where did you get your grill guard and who is the manufacturer? Looks good

Comment

If you plan on keeping for 7 years plus I think k you will be happier with the 6.2... that engine is bulletproof. If I was buying a half ton probably the route I would go

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  Hey Russ81, where did you get your grill guard and who is the manufacturer? Looks good

Thunderstruck bumpers in Abilene, KS. I picked mine up at the factory on my way thru from a job but if you can wait they got several dealers in Texas

As far as where I fell on the 5.3vs6.2vs everyone else debate for what I’m doing the 5.3 is just right for me. I’m not towing as much as I use too and talking to several mechanics I know it was the best choice for longevity and the gremlins weren’t as bad. Do they make lemons? Absolutely but opinions is what make horse races [emoji2371]

Comment

This question is for the guys with the 5.3. What rear gear does ur truck have?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
                      This question is for the guys with the 5.3. What rear gear does ur truck have?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Think my 2020 with 10spd is a 3.23. Kinda wish it was a 3.42

Comment

I have a 2011 gmc with 120,000 plus miles on it and I am running 35" tires with a 6"lift.
                        I still get decent gas mileage. And I have enough power to pull my 16' trailer loaded. So yeah the 5.3 liter is a good little work horse.

Comment

Any more input on this subject.

Comment

I have the AT4 with the 6.2 and love it. My son has the 5.3. His truck feels so slow when you hit the gas. The 6.2 will push you back in the seat

Comment

Get the 6.2
                              My father inlaw has one.It's a beast! Said the mpg wasn't that much different,and re-sale is way better.He gets a new truck every 2 yrs.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My truck has the 5.3 and my brother in law found one with the 6.2
                                This is coming from him.
                                “Yeah it’s more power and drives awesome but as for pulling anything heavy, it’s still a half ton truck.”

Me being me I still wish I had found a 6.2 though.
                                I’m sure you won’t regret it

Comment

Working...
                                X