Suppressor components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
    If you did the Efile Form 1, you won't get an actual stamp, FYI. You just print the approval form with the scan of the actual stamp. So no need to wait after the email.
    Oh ok. Lol I was under the impression the ATF would send an actual stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
      You are going to be waiting a while if you efiled. They only send an attachment to your email upon approval. Print it. I keep a copy in my truck and at my home at all times.
      Just got off the phone with ATF and I’m “Good to go hun”. Lol, let’s start drilling, grinding and screwing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
        Its intent. Posts on social media i.e. this thread. Text messages and emails discussing how to build a silencer. Searches on building a silencer.

Purchasing solvent trap kits. Seriously, they really aren't as stupid as you think they are.

And when they show up and ask for the parts. You give it to them because it costs more to fight it.

It's the intent to use them as a silencer part and that's usually easy enough to infer and infer they can.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
        The truth, and one of the major problems with dealing with anything government related, or matters of legality. Like the greatest orator of the last 200 years, IceMan King Parsons said, "It be's that way sometimes."
        Last edited by Graysonhogs; 09-25-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Just know the laws and you will be just fine. Tons of FB groups with hundreds or more talking about this daily. You have to understand that the ATF is probably approving 100s of Form 1s DAILY. You really think THEY think we are all metal machinist? Come on! You will be fine and good luck.
          Last edited by ClearcreekDC; 09-25-2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Just know the laws and you will be just fine. Tons of FB groups with hundreds or more talking about this daily. You have to understand that the ATF is probably approving 100s of Form 1s DAILY. You really think THEY think we are all metal machinist? Come on! You will be fine and good luck.

I would trust the NFA lawyer on this thread and not the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That’s fine. Trust who you want. I promise it doesn’t make a difference to me. Read the laws. Interpret them how you want.

Comment

That’s fine. Trust who you want. I promise it doesn’t make a difference to me. Read the laws. Interpret them how you want.
                Here's the deal. I am simply right about this.

That said, I'm not going to tell you how many people gather the parts before the form 1 is approved.

The examples I have been involved in bought solvent traps online or paid with a card in a shop or gun show and when the ATF seized the owner and his records, his email list, facebook messenger messages, etc. and assets they easily ID'd the customers.

What does that mean.
                1. The law is the law.
                2. The ATF most likely isn't going to come to your home because you bought chore boy brass pads or a shoe lace (machinegun ya know) or a oil filter

But stop deluding yourself about the legality of solvent traps especially if you have form 1 pending. That's intent on its face.

Comment

I promise it doesn’t make a difference to me.
                  That's why you're not trustworthy-- you've got no skin in the game, or knowledge/experience on the subject.

Comment

Just to be clear as the OP, and just in case anyone is snitching me to the BATF, I have purchased no parts, and don't intend to purchase any parts until the Form 1 is complete. I simply was trying to put a parts list together to determine best place to purchase once the Form 1 is finished. Not sure how this went off the rails.

Comment

I have had the batfe visit clients who ordered solvent trap parts kits off ebay.

They also wanted the NaPA oil filters that he ordered

I have had them visit people and seize solvent trap kits they bought from a local solvent trap dealer that they shut down. They were running email contacts. Receipts and credit card history.

These parts were undrilled solvent trap parts.

The Form 1 Mafia does a lot of things right. But they give terrible advice when it comes to the possession of unregistered silencers and parts.

So after I have my F1 stamp in hand, is it ok to then purchase a solvent trap to use in a build? What about other “suppressor parts” that I may need to put it together.

Man you read so much disinformation on the internet about this...

Also, I wonder if any of this stuff mentioned later in this thread has been tested in court or if it’s just the ATF cramming it’s version of the law down the throats of otherwise law abiding citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                        Just to be clear as the OP, and just in case anyone is snitching me to the BATF, I have purchased no parts, and don't intend to purchase any parts until the Form 1 is complete. I simply was trying to put a parts list together to determine best place to purchase once the Form 1 is finished. Not sure how this went off the rails.
                        I’m in the same shoes as you with the same question.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                          So after I have my F1 stamp in hand, is it ok to then purchase a solvent trap to use in a build? What about other “suppressor parts” that I may need to put it together.

Man you read so much disinformation on the internet about this...

Also, I wonder if any of this stuff mentioned later in this thread has been tested in court or if it’s just the ATF cramming it’s version of the law down the throats of otherwise law abiding citizens.
                          Absolutely. Once you have the form 1 I think it's okay. But you cant have extra parts. Lol

Its so stupid.

Comment

^

Comment

Here's the deal. I am simply right about this.

That said, I'm not going to tell you how many people gather the parts before the form 1 is approved.

The examples I have been involved in bought solvent traps online or paid with a card in a shop or gun show and when the ATF seized the owner and his records, his email list, facebook messenger messages, etc. and assets they easily ID'd the customers.

What does that mean.
                              1. The law is the law.
                              2. The ATF most likely isn't going to come to your home because you bought chore boy brass pads or a shoe lace (machinegun ya know) or a oil filter

But stop deluding yourself about the legality of solvent traps especially if you have form 1 pending. That's intent on its face.

I dont have a form 1 pending at all. Can you copy/paste the law that says solvent traps are illegal? I dont care about your interpretation (no offense). I would like you to state the law. I understand you are a big wig lawyer with a great following. I just want the law posted that says solvent traps are illegal. Also how old are all these prior experiences with clients you keep mentioning? Anything in last 4 years?
                              Last edited by ClearcreekDC; 09-26-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I dont have a form 1 pending at all. Can you copy/paste the law that says solvent traps are illegal? I dont care about your interpretation (no offense). I would like you to state the law. I understand you are a big wig lawyer with a great following. I just want the law posted that says solvent traps are illegal. Also how old are all these prior experiences with clients you keep mentioning? Anything in last 4 years?
                                https://www.atf.gov/denver-field-div...seized-website

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/5861

Last edited by yotethumper; 09-26-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X