Bought my first Hoyt yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought my first Hoyt yesterday.

I've been a loyal bowtech guy since 2011 when I started hunting with a bow, but I bought a Hoyt yesterday. Today I dressed it up, and sighted it in. I got the Hoyt carbon RX-4 alpha, and I REALLY like it! It's super smooth, and light! Just feels right. I cant believe I'm saying this, but I was very close to going with the new Mathews VXR. It is a really nice bow as well. Was a flip of a coin.

I'm hunting hogs and white tail this weekend in boerne, so I'll keep yall posted on how the new setup does.

Should have reflipped 2 out of 3. Just kidding. I have a Hoyt and Mathews and shoot the Mathews more than the Hoyt. To each his own they are all good bows. Some people drive fords, Chevys, dodges and that other gas guzzling truck. Now kill something with it.

Comment

Good on you. I’m always happy when someone gets some new toys to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Everyone likes something different! If it shoots straight and kills and is consistent, its a good bow

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          Should have reflipped 2 out of 3. Just kidding. I have a Hoyt and Mathews and shoot the Mathews more than the Hoyt. To each his own they are all good bows. Some people drive fords, Chevys, dodges and that other gas guzzling truck. Now kill something with it.
          Thanks for not lumping us in with those 3 other panty clad, crossdressing trucks .

Comment

Hoyt makes a good bow, can’t go wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck with it!

Comment

Been shooting my 09 Hoyt Superhawk for well almost 11 years now...Maybe time for an upgrade lol

Comment

Best Bow Ever?

Most people seem to favor either Mathews or Hoyt... Just curious what people think was the best bow ever (new or bows past) - and what you liked about it?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutlaws View Post
                    Most people seem to favor either Mathews or Hoyt... Just curious what people think was the best bow ever (new or bows past) - and what you liked about it?
                    That's a loaded question but the Mathews Switchback has to be in the discussion when talking GOAT bows. The best all around rig I have ever shot is still the Energy 35. Neither are speed bows but both are super reliable platforms, forgiving, easily tuned and have great draw cycles.

Comment

I’ll disagree with the switchback comment. While this is absolutely all speculation and personal opinion to answer the GOAT bow question. IMO the RazorTEC from Hoyt was one of the best bows I’ve ever shot especially for it’s time when it was released.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        I’ll disagree with the switchback comment. While this is absolutely all speculation and personal opinion to answer the GOAT bow question. IMO the RazorTEC from Hoyt was one of the best bows I’ve ever shot especially for it’s time when it was released.

Sierracharlie out…
                        That was a sweet bow.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutlaws View Post
                          sadly, I hunted all season with the hoyt, BUT... it was not my cup of tea. I cannot say anything bad about the performance of the bow, it just wasn't the one for me. I went to a pretty large shop and shot dang near every bow, and the Mathews VXR 28 was my choice. my first bow was a Mathews, and I was true to bowtech for about 6 years, but this VXR is by far the best bow ive shot. my only complaint is the weight lol.
                          Last edited by HoundDog; 01-13-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Where's the pics?!?!?!

Comment

What was wrong with the Hoyt? How do you go from "Today I dressed it up, and sighted it in. I got the Hoyt carbon RX-4 alpha, and I REALLY like it! It's super smooth, and light! Just feels right".....to not my cup of tea?

Comment

Working...
                              X