Tire recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire recommendations

I've always been a BF Goodrich fan but my last set has me wondering. 315/75/17 on a powerstroke F250. Running KO2 all terrains. I'm about to have to replace them and only have 32,000 miles. What are you guys running in a load range E that I can get better mileage out of? Yes I keep them rotated-they are all wearing evenly. TIA

Interesting, I just left the terra grappler and went to BFG all terrain, this is my first set of BFG’s and I am @ 40k with good tread left! The terra grapplers were good tires, just wanted to try something new! This is a half ton ford.

Comment

A lot of farmers, hunters everyday drivers run these up here in Iowa. I am on the gravel and in snow and mud more than most people. These tires have been great !!!

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tire https://g.co/kgs/wSAJrw

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I went w aatro xt and love em
        700 for all 4 tires cant beat it..smooth ride and the 35s

Load e

Comment

I just got the same set and thought about selling them. They are getting 5 MPG less... I was get 19 to 20 in my Ram and now I'm getting 14 to 15. I don't think I drive offroad on the lease enough to justify the two the three hundred extra they cost + the cost of gas.

Comment

I’m on my second set of Cooper ST Maxx on a 2017 F250. I like them a lot. In my younger years I ran BFG because they looked cool...but they never lasted long and I would tear them up in rocks. Never even got 40k out of a set of BFG’s. I switched from those and started running Toyo’s for years but got tired of the high price. Switched to Copper years ago and have been very happy. I’ve seen tons of oilfield truck running these same tires so I figured they would be good enough for me. And they have been great.

Comment

I just replaced a set of BFG AT2 KO that I got 68,000 miles out of.

I really can’t remember any tire that I’ve gotten less than 50k out of.

I’m running a set of Toyo AT2 right now and don’t like them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                I just got the same set and thought about selling them. They are getting 5 MPG less... I was get 19 to 20 in my Ram and now I'm getting 14 to 15. I don't think I drive offroad on the lease enough to justify the two the three hundred extra they cost + the cost of gas.
                I'm betting it's not so much the tire tread/manufacturer that's decreased your mpg's. I'm guessing you went up in size? Increasing tire size/height increases your drag which makes your engine work harder to get to speed and stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  A lot of farmers, hunters everyday drivers run these up here in Iowa. I am on the gravel and in snow and mud more than most people. These tires have been great !!!

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tire https://g.co/kgs/wSAJrw

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
                  This x10. These tires are awesome! 2 sets of ATs and they were great.
                  Just put the Wildpeak M/T on about 5 weeks ago.
                  7k in and so far I really like it.
                  Quietest MT I've ever run.
                  For the price you can't beat em imo.

Comment

Running bfg a/t 275/65/20 @ 50psi got 46000 off 3 of them one got a side wall puncture
                    And is brand new so I will return with 3 new ones
                    Hear good things about general atx and grabber x3 m/t

Comment

Toyo RT, averaged out about 63k last two sets

Comment

Michelin

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          I'm betting it's not so much the tire tread/manufacturer that's decreased your mpg's. I'm guessing you went up in size? Increasing tire size/height increases your drag which makes your engine work harder to get to speed and stay there.
                          I figured it might go down, and yes, they are bigger than stock, but I wasn't thrilled when the decrease was 25%. More reason to drive my old green Chevy and put the miles on that truck.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                            Interesting, I just left the terra grappler and went to BFG all terrain, this is my first set of BFG’s and I am @ 40k with good tread left! The terra grapplers were good tires, just wanted to try something new! This is a half ton ford.

I've had several sets over the years and loved them but only on half ton vehicles or Jeeps. Maybe they just don't like the big diesel truck.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              I figured it might go down, and yes, they are bigger than stock, but I wasn't thrilled when the decrease was 25%. More reason to drive my old green Chevy and put the miles on that truck.
                              You went 315/75/17 on a truck and didn’t expect to lose significant mileage? That’s roughly a 35.5” tire. If you’re driving a diesel you’ll lose some, but not as bad. That tire on a gasser is going to significantly decrease your mileage regardless of tread pattern.

Comment

Working...
                              X