East Texas Hunting Club help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Hunting Club help

Is there a such thing as a highly managed hunting club in East Texas that I can join? I mean a place where there is a legitimate chance at a good deer every year. Our place out West was wiped out with Anthrax and I just wondered if I can spend what I'm spending out there and get a good place close to home.

I would look south that's were all the big deer are

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some on the Trinity River that are well managed with monster deer

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        I would look south that's were all the big deer are

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Not interested in driving half way across the state any more. That's why I'm asking about local places.

Comment

Buff got on a good one. Might PM him.

Gary

Comment

I've heard of some in East Texas area that are great leases. I've also heard of some well managed East Texas High Fence leases.
            Last edited by jjaimes; 10-24-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

There are several good places around. But if you are used to hunting in South Texas I can tell you that you will be in for a culture shock. They don't run to feeders like a dinner bell. You might see 0-5 deer all day vs. 15-20. But when you shoot a trophy in East Texas you have earned it. Its a totally different way of hunting.

Comment

I made a move towards South Toledo Bend this year. Been happy so far. I can message you more info if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  There are some on the Trinity River that are well managed with monster deer
                  Seems like every year there is a monster killed on the Trinity River around Trinity and Riverside

I have not seen anything about lease openings though

Comment

Good luck getting on one. I hunted on a couple years back it was just not worth it to me. Not sure but brushy creek might still be around.

Comment

Nope. No deer in East Texas. Go South.

Comment

I've been hunting East Texas my entire life so I'm not a stranger to hunting here. Just looking for a well managed place with opportunity. I don't have to kill a deer every year, just would like something on the property worth hunting.

Comment

I'm also not looking for a typical East Texas timber company lease with 1000 acres and 20 members. I'm willing to pay well for a GOOD East Texas lease.

Comment

There are some around but I think most of the really good ones have a waiting list. May check Brushy Creek, Carmona Ranch and Strapping Valley. There are others but I cant think of the names right now

Comment

whats your price range?

Comment

Working...
                              X