143 eldx 6.5 not pleased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Serious question. Do you expect a blood trail with that shot?
    Very low possibility of a blood trail on that shot

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      But was there a blood trail doe?

Comment

Just smoked a big bodied south Texas management buck with a 140 eldm. Went 15 yards and piled up. Also have had great results from the 130 Berger vld’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
          Just smoked a big bodied south Texas management buck with a 140 eldm. Went 15 yards and piled up. Also have had great results from the 130 Berger vld’s

oh lawdy! don't start talk of hunting with target bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            oh lawdy! don't start talk of hunting with target bullets!

You’re right they don’t work.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Serious question. Do you expect a blood trail with that shot?
              And a good question to ask.

Comment

Well.... hmmmm this was a 308 tonight through a pig. Pig went 50 yds and this was under the skin on the offside.

My stepdad shot a doe a few minutes later with the same gun and we couldn't find her. His shoot looked good.

Zero blood for either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9ED3136E-5E22-40A1-9323-47E187564532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	24600063

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  Well.... hmmmm this was a 308 tonight through a pig. Pig went 50 yds and this was under the skin on the offside.

My stepdad shot a doe a few minutes later with the same gun and we couldn't find her. His shoot looked good.

Zero blood for either.
                  You know you want to go monolithic anyway!

Comment

Small sample size but my son shot his first couple of critters with the 6.5 CM and ELD-X loads this morning. He shot a pig at 75 yards and dropped her. Right behind the front quarters. Golf ball sized exit hole. Pig was 50-60#. Then he shot a doe at 100 yards. Right behind the front quarters, right in the groove and just over her heart. Broadside. She ran 40 yards but left a blood trail anyone could follow. Again, exit was again about the size of a golfball. Neither one hit a leg bone or anything like that. Looked pretty good to me.

Comment

Edit- sorry, pic's too big. I'll try to post when I have time to mess with it.

Comment

We had a guest shoot a 159# dressed buck this weekend with a 6.5 Lapua at 75 yds. He was shooting 140gr Berger VLD's. The bullet did not exit and there was no blood trail to follow. Luckily the buck only went 50yds. I've seen several VLD to ELD-X comparable references.

My hornady interbond accuracy test were great. I haven't tried them on game yet.

Comment

OP- If you hand load try Speer Hot Cores. If not then Federal Fusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                            We had a guest shoot a 159# dressed buck this weekend with a 6.5 Lapua at 75 yds. He was shooting 140gr Berger VLD's. The bullet did not exit and there was no blood trail to follow. Luckily the buck only went 50yds. I've seen several VLD to ELD-X comparable references.

My hornady interbond accuracy test were great. I haven't tried them on game yet.
                            My only experience with the interbond is out of my 257 Weatherby...when they did a short run...and I was really impressed.

jrg

Comment

Working...
                            X