Does anyone usually not see deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone usually not see deer?

Our family place we hunt is mostly open farm land 900 +\- acres with little brush. It’s very uncommon for me to sit and see deer every sit usually only see them maybe every 5 sits. They tend to stay nocturnal except during rut they will get up and move but even then it’s not common. Hogs are about the same.

Its that way in South East Texas.. sometimes you see several other times you don't see any.

Comment

couple years back I went 12 sits in a row without seeing anything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I very rarely see nothing. In fact if i sit for 2 or 3 hours and dont see anything i think i must be in the twilight zone.

Comment

I see squirrels lol

Comment

Not much here either [emoji3525]. Probably 1 deer every other day

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I went through a spell of not seeing much several years back. It makes hunting tough.

Comment

Um sitting in a tree right now and figured, 25 years hunting this property, I've personally only taken one buck and that was 17 years ago, lol. I'll see very few, hadn't seen a shooter since last one, lol. I'm addicted to the "hunt" and a dreamer that the big buck will one day step out again. I always enjoy being outdoors. Figure I have the patience for this.

Comment

If you are not seeing deer you are doing something wrong. I'm in east tx and I could have killed multiple legal deer every sit so far this year with archery equipment. That said I'm hunting stands where cameras tell me deer are coming Every day and only with the wind right to hunt there. Multiple set ups for different conditions. To Heck with sitting and not seeing deer.

Comment

Originally posted by bjsexpress View Post
                    Um sitting in a tree right now and figured, 25 years hunting this property, I've personally only taken one buck and that was 17 years ago, lol. I'll see very few, hadn't seen a shooter since last one, lol. I'm addicted to the "hunt" and a dreamer that the big buck will one day step out again. I always enjoy being outdoors. Figure I have the patience for this.

I like everything about that post

Comment

My famiky land is the same way. Several years ago we would very rarely see deer. It has gotten better. Also we have worked to get our deer numbers up. Havent been this year yet though.

Comment

See deer pretty much every sit and plenty at that. Seen 16 so far this morning but we put a lot of work in he off season feeding protein, Cotten seed.

Comment

I hunt close to 1000 acres in East Texas. The property is shaped in a way that there isn't really any way to hold deer on just this place without building a high fence. Most of the properties bordering it are small 10 - 50 acre tracts that are hunted also. Today is the 7th day for me to hunt this year. I saw 1 very small deer last Sunday, and it was out of range. Had a deer blow behind me this morning, but never saw it. I feed year round and have food plots also. I sat 11 days last year before I saw my first deer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            I hunt close to 1000 acres in East Texas. The property is shaped in a way that there isn't really any way to hold deer on just this place without building a high fence. Most of the properties bordering it are small 10 - 50 acre tracts that are hunted also. Today is the 7th day for me to hunt this year. I saw 1 very small deer last Sunday, and it was out of range. Had a deer blow behind me this morning, but never saw it. I feed year round and have food plots also. I sat 11 days last year before I saw my first deer.

Sounds about like our place.

Comment

It doesn't help that most people around here aren't interested in management. Everyone on the lease, except for me, are only interested in the meat. I've seen pictures over the years of young bucks taken that didn't look legal, but was told they were. I wasn't there to measure. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X