Bucees not carrying Rtic any more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    What ever brand they start selling I bet you $100 it's going to have that dang Beaver on it.

Hoggslayer
    They are marketing geniuses

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      They are marketing geniuses
      Yea, if you like beavers.
      Ok, your right....I guess I do like beavers now that I think about it.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Ive always used IGLOO too but this new one will not hold ice more than 2 days in cool weather.. Maybe they forgot to foam it.. Worst Ive seen..
        You can’t compare a normal cooler to a rotomold cooler. There is a difference. That said, I think I might have the same normal cooler you have and it holds ice for the weekend but that is it. But at $100 for a cooler that big, I am not gonna complain.

Comment

I asked one of the workers at the Wharton location about a month ago what the deal was, was told rtic was upset that they were selling another brand of similar products so rtic decided to pull they're stuff from bucees. Who knows

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
            Anyone have any experience with the Bucee branded bag type cooler that sells for $19.99?
            Not that great. Zippers wear out pretty fast. I use mine when I go to La. and want to bring back a few pounds of boudin etc..

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
              I asked one of the workers at the Wharton location about a month ago what the deal was, was told rtic was upset that they were selling another brand of similar products so rtic decided to pull they're stuff from bucees. Who knows

If that's true it's almost funny that a little competition would run them off.

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post

That is the same thing Bucees was telling people why they stopped carrying Yeti.

Comment

That Igloo light test was about as bogus as it could get. The beam of the light was aimed at the spot where he claimed the insulation was thin, it would have been legit if he had either moved the light around inside or had used a non directional light source.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I saw Igloo, Coleman and Pelican coolers there with a side rack of free bungee cords...

They are thinking ahead and got the fixes there available for pre-warranty. It's like the extra button sewn on the inside of dress pants or khakis..
                    I've had my Pelican 45 and 60 for quite a while now with no issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                      That Igloo light test was about as bogus as it could get. The beam of the light was aimed at the spot where he claimed the insulation was thin, it would have been legit if he had either moved the light around inside or had used a non directional light source.
                      Looked pretty legit to me. You could see the void clearly defined.

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post
                        I've had my Pelican 45 and 60 for quite a while now with no issues at all.

I’m sure you have. But that is not near as fun as hacking on Traildust about his[emoji23]

Comment

I was disappointed when they stopped carrying Yeti products.

Comment

Many guys are spot on regarding marketing. From what I can tell, the Yukon bag cooler is nearly the same as the RTIC and I'd bet there is going to be a Beaver on the side of it, or some other Buccee logo.

RTIC didn't pull anything IMO, the Beaver found a better deal and went elsewhere for better margins.

I hope they find a replacement tumbler soon, I do like my RTIC ones, lol. I picked up one of the new Nice brand Pilsner tumblers the other day for $8, I like it, a bit top heavy and it has a seam on the interior, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I’m sure you have. But that is not near as fun as hacking on Traildust about his[emoji23]
                              Not jacking with me! Already had to order a couple bungee cord latches for a friends smeti!

Comment

couldn't be better margins, cooler priced at $69 not $139 - looks to be good value

Comment

Working...
                                X