No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomahawk, you are more than fine. I shoot slick tricks, 70#, 29 1/2" draw, 450 grains. Anything into the vitals and you are gold.

Comment

Can any text we a copy of scouting permit
      I accidentally deleted mine

Comment

Originally posted by Stx86 View Post
        Can any text we a copy of scouting permit
        I accidentally deleted mine
        I can't find mine either
        Anyone know what the subject of the email was?

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Originally posted by Falling View Post
          I can't find mine either
          Anyone know what the subject of the email was?

TPWD - National Refuge Archery Deer - (your name)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wardens

A couple friends, my brother and I went and got skunked. Had a blast. If someone already said it and I missed it, the wardens there were great. Really nice guys and gals. Hat’s off to them.

Pablo

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
              A couple friends, my brother and I went and got skunked. Had a blast. If someone already said it and I missed it, the wardens there were great. Really nice guys and gals. Hat’s off to them.

Pablo
              didn't you stay at some old folks retreat

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post

Pablo
                From what I heard...1 person was cited for baiting(in back of truck I think).
                the volunteers/staff were great to work with. Friendly & helpful. I spoke with a guy who had dealings with wardens due to stuff in the bed of his truck and he was impressed/thankful for their professionalism.

Comment

I was wondering how serious they were about the corn kernel's, etc in the back of a truck. I heard a hunter walked up on some bait in the field as well that others were hunting the day prior.

Comment

Originally posted by calfroper_06 View Post
                    I was wondering how serious they were about the corn kernel's, etc in the back of a truck. I heard a hunter walked up on some bait in the field as well that others were hunting the day prior.

Met a couple guys that got ticketed for getting out late on day of orientation. Then next morning forgot to put vehicle tag in windshield, same warden talked to them but did not ticket them.
                    Yes overall a good hunt, I got skunked myself but had a good time. Probably won’t be back, just not my cup. I’d like to see them control hunter numbers in each unit/pasture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Jen-Man;13814862]Met a couple guys that got ticketed for getting out late on day of orientation. Then next morning forgot to put vehicle tag in windshield, same warden talked to them but did not ticket them.
                      Yes overall a good hunt, I got skunked myself but had a good time. Probably won’t be back, just not my cup. I’d like to see them control hunter numbers in each unit/pasture.
                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes sir. I forgot my tag the first morning and recieved a notice on my windshield from officer Garcia. Didn't forget it the remainder of the hunt haha. I enjoy the hunt, this was my second year, second year to get skunked as well. My main focus was nilgai both hunts, its more of a luck of the draw that your sitting when/where they might walk by. Absolutely no pattern, especially when 200+ hunter show up. I would like a smaller amount and given sections like you mentioned. It was this way at Kickapoo several years ago, had around 900 acres for 2 of us.

Comment

[quote=calfroper_06;13814932]
                        Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                        Met a couple guys that got ticketed for getting out late on day of orientation. Then next morning forgot to put vehicle tag in windshield, same warden talked to them but did not ticket them.
                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes sir. I forgot my tag the first morning and recieved a notice on my windshield from officer Garcia. Didn't forget it the remainder of the hunt haha. I enjoy the hunt, this was my second year, second year to get skunked as well. My main focus was nilgai both hunts, its more of a luck of the draw that your sitting when/where they might walk by. Absolutely no pattern, especially when 200+ hunter show up. I would like a smaller amount and given sections like you mentioned. It was this way at Kickapoo several years ago, had around 900 acres for 2 of us.
                        In my opinion, if they do it like that with the number of hunters that put in for this hunt it could be years before you even get selected for a hunt or not selected at all. You would probably stand a better chance at getting selected at the chaparral.

It would be like the rifle hunt. Speaking for myself, 18 years applying and have never been selected.

Comment

They have the acreage for the number of hunters. However, I also would like to see it more organized as to how many folks in each unit, or create more compartments to assign folks to.
                          This was my first year down. Was a challenging hunt. Will apply again.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            They have the acreage for the number of hunters. However, I also would like to see it more organized as to how many folks in each unit, or create more compartments to assign folks to.
                            This was my first year down. Was a challenging hunt. Will apply again.
                            Another potential problem with assigning hunters to a unit will be the weather. If you are assigned unit 2, 3 or 5 you will not be able to get there if it rains. It would not be fair to the hunters assigned to those units. Also unit 3 is about two or three miles away at its nearest point while unit 1, 6 or 8 is just a matter of crossing the fence. That would not be fair either. Lots of variables to consider if they assigned unit to each hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by cull one View Post
                              Has any one had problems with their stuff being taken? Is it safe to leave your carts and bikes off the edge of the trial? Do you leave your stands out overnight? Thanks
                              We saw several bikes out on the side of the trail last year, didn't hear about any thefts.

I would personally drag mine off into the brush a little bit but I wouldnt worry too much

Comment

Someone mentioned a scouting permit? Did i miss that somewhere in the emails, I thought your hunting permit was all that was needed.. Does anyone have the maps with the unit numbers?
                                Thanks looking forward to seeing everyone on this coming up hunt?

Comment

Working...
                                X