• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.... I'll see you in December

Comment

Text me if you have any questions I was there last year

Comment

For those of you coming on the next bow hunt. Bring waterproof everything. It is a muddy mess.

Comment

I'll be down for the next archery hunt anyone going from dfw.. area..

Following for tips!!

Comment

I will be there for the next week of archery hunting as well. Will be trying to get everything payed out and packed this weekend. Will definitely bring some wet weather gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was walking around back behind my stand which I thought was a little higher ground. I was in waist high grasses and saw grass...and in standing water. Was not very comforting. Luckily, no snakes(at that time). Glad I had my pop up. It rained several times and I was out there all day, every day.

Comment

Has any one had problems with their stuff being taken? Is it safe to leave your carts and bikes off the edge of the trial? Do you leave your stands out overnight? Thanks

Comment

I was hesitant, but left bike and cart by road. Had several(lots) folks go by first day. I was close to private property / houses in unit 1. I had zero issues. One of the guys in my group left their range finder on truck bed top...all day in the parking lot off 106. It was still there after dark. I think all in all, folks respect others property.

Comment

I did a couple years back have my backpack and my brothers back pack stolen from the bed of my pickup. There are a few hunters out there that have sticky fingers but I’m sure most are all stand up guys and gals.

Comment

We left the game cart in the brush the entire time and no problems. I would not recommend removing your stand everyday. It should be okay. Bikes are left by the trail all the time by hunters while they are hunting. I would say the biggest risk is parking on the side of the road on Hwy 106 and having someone drive by and take something but even then nothing happened to us. We had coolers and other items in the bed of the truck and nothing walked off. I can't say it will not happen but we were all good. Game wardens are patrolling all over the place, I am sure that helps.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I will be down for the next archery hunt and I will let y'all know how it goes. I am really looking forward to it!

Comment

Any of you guys have experience shooting bulls with slick trick magnums? These fly the best out of my set up. Little bit of a steep angle on the blades but I'm shooting 70# at 30" draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk54 View Post
                            Any of you guys have experience shooting bulls with slick trick magnums? These fly the best out of my set up. Little bit of a steep angle on the blades but I'm shooting 70# at 30" draw.

How much does your arrow weigh? I’d say for those of you that plan on going after a nilgai bull gear up with an FMJ or any arrow that runs 11GPI or better. I’ll be shooting a 536 grain Axis with a G5 montec.

Comment

Total arrow weight is 490 grains. 250 spine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk54 View Post
                                Total arrow weight is 490 grains. 250 spine.

You should be alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X