Grapple Bucket on Compact Tractor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapple Bucket on Compact Tractor?

Thinking about installing a quick connect universal system for my compact Mahindra 30HP.

So many options for attachments but the grapple bucket is by far most appealing.

Anyone made the switch to the quick connect system like a skidsteer has?

Attachments you like?

Thoughts on if the cost is justified?

TIA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth it’s weight in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      Worth it’s weight in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was afraid of that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a smaller grapple on my Kubota B2601 which is a little smaller than the compacts but not a sub. They are worth their weight in gold. I use mine for all kinds of things I never even imagined I'd use it for.

I will tell you a couple of hard lessons I learned... First, the smaller tractors have a limited amount of lift. If your lift is 1K, and you get a grapple that is 500 lbs, the minute you lift anything of any real heft, you are going to have a very high pucker factor unless you have some rear ballast. My first grapple was 450 lbs which doesn't sound like much but was almost half of my total lift capacity. It was just to big and unwieldy to keep as a pet so I downsized.

Look for a lighter weight grapple and get one that has a crossbar between the tines as you can easily bend them if you try to pick up a rock or something irregular if it gets wedged between the teeth. The crossbar on the bottom also keeps you from digging in too deep.

Everything attachments has one thats pretty light but it's a little spendy. Land Pride's SGC06 is pretty light and has reinforcement bars on top and bottom and if you have a good dealer, the price will be really good.

Note you'll need front controls which will probably cost you about 750 to have the dealer install it.

Oh, and I opted for the SSQA (skid steer quick attach) on the front of my Kubota. Also worth it's weight in gold as I can switch between by FEL bucked and my grapple in about 1 minute.
        Last edited by ken800; 04-14-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Get one that has 2 jaws. Makes irregular shaped loads easier to handle. (i.e. the trunk end of a tree)

Comment

Quick connect yep for my mihindra 6075.

Comment

Yep. Hardly ever use the bucket. The grapple stays on it. Do you have a 3rd hydraulic function.

Comment

Grapple bucket is my most used attachment. Check out everything attachment dot com. They have videos and figment information. You absolutely won’t regret a grapple.
                As mentioned above, you do need a 3rd function remote to maximize its capabilities.

Comment

What adapter is that? I need one for a L2800.

Comment

My JD 5055 has QD attachments front and rear. I never thought about a grapple attachment til I started seeing the various threads recently on here... I think I'd like a bucket with a grapple as opposed to the grapple posted above. Anyone had any experience with those?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      I think I'd like a bucket with a grapple as opposed to the grapple posted above. Anyone had any experience with those?

You will like a grapple like posted much better than a bucket. Its much easier to pick up limbs and logs with.

Comment

Heck Brent, I'm already gonna go broke buyin' implements! That dang sideways cutter you posted has already been added to the list! Now this! What's next! Already have box blade, land plane, 6 foot cutter/brushhog, 6 foot tiller, cultivator, bedder, ripper, post-hole digger, bucket and forks for the front!! Oh and hay spears front and rear, and I don't even own the dang cows that are in my pastures!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Heck Brent, I'm already gonna go broke buyin' implements! That dang sideways cutter you posted has already been added to the list! Now this! What's next! Already have box blade, land plane, 6 foot cutter/brushhog, 6 foot tiller, cultivator, bedder, ripper, post-hole digger, bucket and forks for the front!! Oh and hay spears front and rear, and I don't even own the dang cows that are in my pastures!!

Sounds like your missing a spray rig, a broadcast seeder and a chain harrow [emoji6]

Comment

Oh I have a 40 gallon spray rig that I can drag with my SXS or tractor... boom and gun. Never had a need for a broadcast spreader or harrow of any kind... YET!

Comment

After months of researching used tractors I finally decided to take advantage of Kubota's 0% financing and feel like I got a resonable deal on an L3901. The SSQA for FEL isn't standard, but they essentially don't even sell them without on newer tractors. They also threw in a quick hitch for the rear 3pt attachments.

I initially wavered on grapple, but decided to get the 3rd function pre-installed in case I wanted to buy one later. A day later I decided to go ahead and build the grapple into the 0% (added about $11/mo. to the payment.)

They are installing the 3rd function at the dealer this morning and I take delivery this afternoon. I'll let you know my thoughts.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X