Big 8 Age/Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big 8 Age/Score

What’s the Green Screens thoughts on this buck.

I’ll post my guesses later. Made a sit this evening to see if I could lay eyes on him and he was the first buck to walk out. Shot him with the Nikon and was really impressed how tall he was in person. He stayed out front for a couple minutes and then ran downwind. Got a whiff of us and bolted. 7:15 he came back out with a good sized bachelor group and showed off some more.
    Attached Files

What a beautiful deer. Unique and awesome, the location of his brows are very interesting. The mass look incredible. My guess is in the 160s

Comment

Man Jason, he's a great looking 8p.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
        Man Jason, he's a great looking 8p.
        He sure is! My wife shot his papa 4 yrs ago. This is at Rick (Gladesgator’s) ranch in Cushing. Yes it’s a HF deer but this place is different. The fact we got to lay eyes on this buck this evening mind boggles me with all the creek bottoms and acreage he has to roam. He was on cam 40-50% of the time and to be the first one out surprised me. Chasing him with a bow is going to be fun!

Comment

5yrs old/160s

Comment

170-172 6.5

Beautiful buck!

Comment

6+
              165ish
              I don’t care what kinda fence he is behind. I want’em!!!

Comment

I’m glad to see some 5+ age guesses. When I first saw the deer I couldn’t get past 4. Yesterday even in person he looked like a really healthy 4 yr old. After looking at pics closer on the Mac I can see minimum 5.

I had this deer at 163”-165” range and believe he may make it to 170”.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  He sure is! My wife shot his papa 4 yrs ago. This is at Rick (Gladesgator’s) ranch in Cushing. Yes it’s a HF deer but this place is different. The fact we got to lay eyes on this buck this evening mind boggles me with all the creek bottoms and acreage he has to roam. He was on cam 40-50% of the time and to be the first one out surprised me. Chasing him with a bow is going to be fun!
                  He will be worth every bit of time you put in on him. especially behind your bow.
                  Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    I’m glad to see some 5+ age guesses. When I first saw the deer I couldn’t get past 4. Yesterday even in person he looked like a really healthy 4 yr old. After looking at pics closer on the Mac I can see minimum 5.

I had this deer at 163”-165” range and believe he may make it to 170”.

Add at least a year to whatever you think they look like right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see an old deer. And a stud!!! I think that deer is likely 6.5-7+

Comment

I’m in the 5-6 range and pushing 170 due to mass

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

That’s a walking headache. 6+ 170ish. Great looking deer.

Comment

I would say 6. around 170

Comment

6.5 and over 170

Comment

Working...
                              X