Meat Eater series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Eater series

Been watching the Meat Eater series. It's the first hunting show I have really liked in a long time. I would say it's the best hunting show I have ever watched.
    I like the fact, he shoots a lot of game with meat more of a priority, than a trophy. But like most hunters, he does hunt for larger animals. I like the fact, they show the shot, then show gutting and butchering the animals and then cooking them. Then he does a pretty good job of teaching how to do what many people probably don't know much about.
    Then he does a lot of hunts I would like to do, some I have been planning to do. I have seen a couple of things done for the camera, but very few. Such as dumping dead shrimp out of his shrimp trap, that's minor stuff, they were trying to show things you can do in that area and did not catch many shrimp that occasion.

Overall I have been impressed with the show.

me too! Love the show because its practical, shows mistakes all hunters make and doesn't cull them out, and its not all for the camera. A real down-to-earth guy but shares a lot of good info.
    The kind of guy I'd like to hunt with.

Comment

Shows great. If you listen to podcasts, I’d definitely recommend listening to that one too.

Comment

Definitely a fan. Saw him cook up a Yote and said it tasted quite good actually.

Lmfao

He’s better than me for sure ! I ain’t eating no mangy mutt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He has a good podcast to tune into also
          Pretty popular show for folks on here

Comment

Great show! I also listen to his podcast!

Comment

I am a big fan too and love his podcast. He has made a few comments about hunting over bait and stuff that I didn’t like but overall he seeems like a good dude. Just bought his book “American Buffalo” and heard good reviews.

Comment

Check out Randy Newberg also

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  me too! Love the show because its practical, shows mistakes all hunters make and doesn't cull them out, and its not all for the camera. A real down-to-earth guy but shares a lot of good info.
                  The kind of guy I'd like to hunt with.
                  Yep. Multiple of the shows I have watched so far, he goes home empty handed. Sometimes, just does not find game, other times, because of mistakes.

Comment

It’s one of my favorites too.

Comment

I have watched the series on Netflix and really enjoyed it.

Couple of things I want to try now with African Venison next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes yes yes

great show seems like a down to earth guy that i would hunt/eat with. i like how i can relate to a lot of things he talks about.. and he hunts a lot in alaska which is on my bucket list, so i like the pointers

Comment

I have Steve’s older cookbooks. I’m excited to get his new one that just hit shelves or will soon. He’s completely changed how I cook and eat animals now. His show fascinates me and gets me really excited about cooking and being creative with deer meat and beyond.
                          I’ve watched seasons 5-7 over and over and constantly pick new things to try.

Comment

The podcast is even better than the show. Would highly recommend

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                              I have Steve’s older cookbooks. I’m excited to get his new one that just hit shelves or will soon. He’s completely changed how I cook and eat animals now. His show fascinates me and gets me really excited about cooking and being creative with deer meat and beyond.
                              I’ve watched seasons 5-7 over and over and constantly pick new things to try.
                              Got mine last week....I think it's his best one yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X