No announcement yet.

Discount tire confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guys at the DT in Livingston are really good to work with, and they work really well together to get you back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      What was the reason given? That’s an F load rated tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Maybe a width issue.
      They wouldn’t rotate my tires on my dually because they said the wheels weren’t wide enough for a 35 x 12.50.

Comment

Probably due to wheel figment issues. Tire might be too wide for the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by BowFever View Post
          Dickount Tire Sux......... I only use them for tire plug in a pinch and they always give me ***** about, "did the place you bought these tires from plug for free?" My answer is..... doesn't matter.
          Sometimes the store gets lucky when the customer walks.

Comment

Sometimes both people gain from a split.
            Life’s too short to get twisted about tires. I will just go with the ones who take better care of me.

Comment

I explained that to him....before I left. My truck had sat there for 8 hrs because I had dropped it off before work then picked up after work....that happened to me twice....not dealing with them anymore. I buy my tires from Tire Pros now....better or same deal with no BS about unstability from my mud tire on my 3/4 ton.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                Probably due to wheel figment issues. Tire might be too wide for the rim.
                20x10 wheel...the guy had his ratings mixed up and was telling me the wrong thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowFever View Post
                  Dickount Tire Sux......... I only use them for tire plug in a pinch and they always give me ***** about, "did the place you bought these tires from plug for free?" My answer is..... doesn't matter. And now this is new: Then we go inside and the "kid" tries to make me pick out what replacement tire I want in case they can't patch the one screw in the middle of the tire (not sidewall). DONE. Will just pay for a tire plug from now on.
                  Did not realize they would plug a tire. I have only known them to patch.

Comment

I'm still stuck on the idea of running the stock size tires on a truck.

Thought redneck law was that you always go a little bigger!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Did not realize they would plug a tire. I have only known them to patch.
                      Me to , never seen DT ever use a plug, I have had small mom & pop tire shop use a plug patch ( because they couldn’t get my tire in stock for a few days)

Comment

All depends on store manager and how he trains his staff.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                          I'm still stuck on the idea of running the stock size tires on a truck.

Thought redneck law was that you always go a little bigger!
                          Every single truck I have bought has had to have a “ upgrade “
                          Because of the P rated garbage that the OEM sticker in the door Frame, OEM stickers are probably used for EPA mpg standards
                          I found this in the fine print in my OEM tire pamphlets

“” SL-rated tires are the lowest load capacity tires that are used on trucks and SUVs. If your truck has load range SL tires, consider upgrading the tire load capacity, or be careful how much cargo you haul in your truck.“”

Comment

For you guys in the Livingston area, you might check with my nephew, Chuck Robinson, who owns Premier Tire in Livingston. Tell him his Uncle Randy sent you.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              When I bought the truck from the dealership with 27 miles on the odometer it was wearing 275/65/20 . 55,000 miles and I have never looked at the door sticker but maybe I should investigate ?
                              Are your tires E rated?

My truck is a 2014 1500HD / 5/8 ton with 3:73 gears
                              The HD version is what I didn't see in the first post and mine aren't E rated. I have usually had good luck with Discount, but I wouldn't call them all tire savants. Would look to a local tire guy and go from there.

Comment

Dealership Fubar

Originally posted by TexasBlazer72 View Post
                                The HD version is what I didn't see in the first post and mine aren't E rated. I have usually had good luck with Discount, but I wouldn't call them all tire savants. Would look to a local tire guy and go from there.
                                Ok finale problem
                                The 4 bfg a/t 275/65/20 make it to DT all is well till it’s done mount , balanced, ect , they come to get me to back the truck out of the tire bay and the low tire warning ⚠️ light is on
                                We look and all four are @ 30psi ( remember it’s a 2014 1500HD sportsman 5/8 ton ) And requires D-E rated tires requiring 45-50 in front and 50-65 in rear
                                Well the tech opens the door looks @ the sticker and says “ it’s @max we cannot put any more psi
                                Me “ don’t pay attention to that sticker and look @ the sidewalls on tires max psi =85psi “ her “” uhm I need to go find the manager “ me “
                                Manager comes I repeat the process
                                Manager “ sticker says 35psi is max” me “” “ fill my
                                ****ing tires to 50psi So my light goes off “
                                M “ those are E rated you should be ok with 50 -85 psi“

Tired of the 35psi Max BS
                                I call the dealership they run my vin# and inform me someone has put the wrong Sticker on and it needs to be replaced $35.09 + tax
                                I hope that stupid sticker isn’t like a tag on a pillow “warning do not remove tag by law”

P.S
                                Truck rode like a dream ( smooth) and wonderful feeling riding with perfectly balanced and aired up tires
                                Till next 50,000 keeping the fingers crossed
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-15-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X