Golfers-----Which rangefinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golfers-----Which rangefinder?

I'm leaning toward a watch-style rangefinder. What are some good ones? What do you have? Likes and dislikes?

Garmin Approach is only one I've used and have been very happy with it. Front/middle/back on green...all I really need.

Comment

I am still an old school golfer. I love the Bushnell Pro XE range finder with slope. I cant wear anything on my wrist while golfing/gambling...

Comment

Whatever is cheapest with Pinseeker type technology.

Comment

I prefer the actual rangefinder type where you shoot the number over the gps style. I have a bushnell that locks on the pin I like.

Comment

I've been golfing a long time and have never used a range finder. I actually got really good at ranging without having to pick one up and never wanted one.

HOWEVER, recently, my mom got me a Callaway range finder and I love it.

Comment

I'm sure i'm not in the majority here, but I have used GolfLogix on my iPhone for a few years now and love it. You can keep your score, track a bunch of different stats, etc...and I've seen that it is pretty **** good on range at most courses i've played. Just a thought...

Comment

I use Sky Caddie and have it on my phone. Great app and gives distances to hazards and of course F,M and back of green.

Comment

X2 for Garmin Approach - good deal for price.. ive had and used it a year or so. Pros: light weight, long battery life, keeps score, can adjust pin placement on greens, get the garmin app on your phone and get great feedback from your round. Cons: non-color display, sometimes tracks practice swings as actual swings, the watch band keeper is thin and breaks easily(i went thru 2 before i just cut the band to fit)

Comment

My ball is always in the middle of the fairway, so I still use the painted sprinklers.

Comment

What about some horse trading for a Bushnell PinSeeker Medalist?

Comment

I usually just guess and hit the ball. Maybe that's why I'm not any good.

Comment

Thanks. Reminded me to take the battery out of mine until next round.............

Comment

Originally posted by davidamfan View Post
                            I am still an old school golfer. I love the Bushnell Pro XE range finder with slope. I cant wear anything on my wrist while golfing/gambling...
                            I'm not sure if using a rangefinder qualifies as old school?

I also prefer a handheld RF. I have a Precision Pro - a cheaper alternative to Bushnell, but don't have any complaints. Except for those 3 rounds I played with it on Meters and not Yards.

Comment

Sounds like you are looking for a golf gps watch and not a range finder.

I use my hunting rangefinder sometimes which is a sig kilo 2000 which works fine. I prefer to use my Garmin approach S20. Works well and it gives you front middle and back of the green just by looking at our watch. You don't have to grab the rangefinder shoot your distance, put it back up etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X