No announcement yet.

Texas Income Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in favor of a state income tax in any state, except for the ones I live and work in.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Anyone here in favor of a state income tax?

For the record, I am.
      Because property tax has gone absolutely bejerk and they will NEVER fix that without an income, I also support it. Income tax would decrease for most after retirement, property tax does not (it only “locks”).

Comment

The state is going to get their money one way or the other. Currently I prefer no income tax... When I'm retired or slow down my career, I would probably prefer income tax.

Comment

Well have both within the next 5-10 years

Comment

If it keeps the Cali folk from moving here I’m all for it.

Comment

I paid over $25,000 in property tax last year mostly to educate kids that aren't mine. (paid the same when mine were in the state school system). So yes, I am in favor of a state income tax.

Comment

yes i realize many citizens will be standing with the jackboot thugs of the state.

many of those who will, wont readily admit it. i will give you that burnadell.

Comment

The devil is always in the details.

If you could wipe the slate 100% clean, ban or cap property taxes at 1%, and implement a 5% income tax across the board for all workers maybe it could/would work but that is not how it would go.

Government wants money to fund their programs. Government will always want more money because it is run by people and as people we always want more. Doesn't matter how much money you make you are going to find more BS that you "need". Same goes for government.

Am I in favor of a state income tax? NO.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone was bored and wanted some drama....

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                      Well have both within the next 5-10 years
                      With covid we'll be given the opportunity to work and pay the gov't back for all their assistance through this

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                        The devil is always in the details.

If you could wipe the slate 100% clean, ban or cap property taxes at 1%, and implement a 5% income tax across the board for all workers maybe it could/would work but that is not how it would go.

Government wants money to fund their programs. Government will always want more money because it is run by people and as people we always want more. Doesn't matter how much money you make you are going to find more BS that you "need". Same goes for government.

Am I in favor of a state income tax? NO.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                        This feller gets it

Comment

NO. I want to see more controlled spending. Reign in all of the wasteful spending on every pet project that comes along, eliminate the top heavy bureaucracies that thrive on spending tax money just because it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            I would not be. I’d prefer higher property tax while I was working.
                            Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
                            The state is going to get their money one way or the other. Currently I prefer no income tax... When I'm retired or slow down my career, I would probably prefer income tax.
                            Ah! So you two would like for it to change just after you retire. Meanwhile, make all the retired folks pay out their gazoos on property taxes, even if they don't have the income to pay them! I see.

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            Heck no to state income tax
                            My sister lives in California, federal and state income tax, $4.75 gallon gas , smog tax , sales tax ,
                            Horrible horrible places to live in those states that have income tax ( name them off)
                            Are you aware that if your sister bought property 30 years ago, her property taxes in California have been frozen based on the purchase price when she bought it?

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
                            Because if you lose your job or have a bad year, that property tax bill is still due. If the property tax was lower, you could work a McJob or odd jobs to swing the property taxes and keep your house.
                            Lots of laid off oil folks are going to have sky high property tax bills and no income. Plus very high earners would pay a proportionally fairer share. I can make a million dollars a year and chose to live in a cheap house. A lower earner can only live so cheaply and even renters get the cost passed on to them.
                            Like most things a blend would be healthy like a 3-4% flat tax and lower property taxes. Give a standard deduction for the first 20-30k you earn. It broadens the tax base.
                            For the record I’ve earned and lived in NC which has a flat 5% no deductions etc. and has fairly low property taxes. It was easy for figuring what you owe and when you get older and start to slow down, you aren’t forced to move out of your home as your income decreases in retirement.
                            I mean no tax would be ideal, but that’s not happening.
                            He gets it.

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Unless they figure out how to reform this stupid property tax crap I don’t see how it could be any worse.
                            Duh, if there was an income tax, property taxes and sales taxes could be substantially lower and not be so abusive and regressive.

Comment

nope not even slightly, just an all around bad idea,,, i suppose many have already forgotten that the lottery was implemented to stop a need for state income taxes,, what do they do with our money anyway,,, give it to illegals ! give it to anyone but a tax payer in need....free schools, free medical, free housing and free phones but not if you pay taxes,, !

i lost everything i owned in hurricane Harvey and fought tooth and nail to get any help from the government and jumped though hoops like a danged circus dog just trying to get through all the crap from the sba..... but if i had been an illegal alien, criminal, or spoke another language i would have had it all handed to me,, i saw it happen... NO TO INCOME TAX.... i pay way more than i should now,,,

i have a better idea,,, quit giving any money, not even a penny to anyone but a actual citizen.... if you do not pay taxes you should never get a benefit from those who do!! just quit wasting what we pay in now!
                              my home was not in a flood zone,, not even a 500 year flood zone,, two different insurance companies told me i was wasting money if i bought flood coverage because of were i was,,, i looked at the maps and made the mistake of taking their advice,, i will never recover fully from what happened and now someone wants me to start paying state income tax?,,, you should just move to somewhere that does and have fun with it! But leave the rest of us out of it,, because they will not reduce other taxes,, history has proven that!

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                                I paid over $25,000 in property tax last year mostly to educate kids that aren't mine. (paid the same when mine were in the state school system). So yes, I am in favor of a state income tax.
                                You get it!!!

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                                Someone was bored and wanted some drama....
                                Yeah. You nailed it. I just wanted more drama!

Comment

Working...
                                X