How to get rid of an old riding mower$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get rid of an old riding mower$

My mower crapped out - bought a new one - how do you dispose of an old riding mower????

I set my junk out by the street. And it disappears overnight. Or when I'm not there.

Comment

Yep. I put my 'junk' out on the curb and someone always picks it up. Did that with a grill one day, had a lady stop and ask if I was giving it away. Only person to ever do that. Wife had pots with plants by the street. Someone took those too. She wasn't trying to get rid of those.

If halfway work, I might be interested in it for lease. Where located?

Comment

Put it at the curb with a “$20” sign on it, you’ll make 20 bucks or it will be stolen over night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Craigslist.

Comment

I haul mine to the metal recycling yard.

Comment

I’m sure there’s a dump close to you. Load it up and take it. May have to pay a little but it’s not much.

Comment

Thread in classifieds looking for "project" mowers, see if that guy is close

Comment

There’s a good YouTube video out there on how to get rid of one along with your leg. Might check that out.

Comment

drain fuel and oil and haul it to town with the metal scraps.

I really like it when they snatch them off the trailer and flip them onto the large scrap pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      drain fuel and oil and haul it to town with the metal scraps.

I really like it when they snatch them off the trailer and flip them onto the large scrap pile.

I took a stand up forklift to the scrap yard once, probably weighed about 2500lbs. Crane grapple guy grabbed it by the “roof”, swung it around a little, and flipped it about 30 ft onto a mountain of steel. It was inspiring. I hated that **** forklift, I considered asking him to throw it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I took a stand up forklift to the scrap yard once, probably weighed about 2500lbs. Crane grapple guy grabbed it by the “roof”, swung it around a little, and flipped it about 30 ft onto a mountain of steel. It was inspiring. I hated that **** forklift, I considered asking him to throw it again.
                        We are apparently cut from the same ******-off cloth.

Comment

Unload it on Webster Troy next time he's trying to borrow one

Comment

Working...
                          X