Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance said no on the roof... need advice

Ok fellas,
    Several years ago we had a hail storm, etc. The roofing folks came through the neighborhood and tried to get us to replace the roof. I said if you can get it covered I will happily get it replaced. We had their people out, they said no, appealed it, they said no, called the district person, they came out and said no. Roof people said, "They arent going to cover it" and off they went.

Fast forward to this weekend. I tore out a soffit to replace it, and man, I need a new roof badly. I guess I am going to have to pay for it out of pocket, which I can do, but its going to hurt alot. It looks like there are two layers of shingles on there. I see that some decking is going to need replaced as I see water damage along the roof edge behind the drip edge.

What do I need to know? Can yall give me a quick education on roofs so I know what I need to know? The HOA bylaws say it has to be asphalt shingles.

Is there anyone yall trust implicitly in the Cypress area? Are people spending more or less money right now with all this bull crap going on and its cheaper or more expensive?

I sure do appreciate yalls advice!

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m in the same boat...
      Starting with fascia and soffit repair, then going to roof.

Comment

Should be cheep. Get bids..................

Comment

Makes you wonder why you have insurance, doesn't it. they did the same thing to me. I put a new roof on out of my pocket and the insurance then said my premium was going to have to go up because it was a better roof and it would cost them more to replace it. Guess they forgot that I replaced it with my money while still paying an insurance premium to them. Got no love for insurance companies!!!!

Comment

My older brother is a roofing contractor based out of Katy. Pm me if you want his number

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

How old are yalls roofs?

I know a lot of people have a roof that is so old it should have been replaced already but wait to try to get insurance do it. I think the insurance companys try to avoid all that.

I already did my roof. But its been a while, i need soffit and fascia repair. The joys of home ownership are never ending.

Comment

I got a bid of 8900 for a shingle roof 2500 sf single story home about a month ago in Pearland area.
                This might give you an idea

Comment

Get a different insurance company

Comment

Didn't you just get some hail come thru last weekend? I would get another contractor and have them meet with your insurance inspector. I got a quote for 20K on my roof last year but that was from only one contractor.

Comment

In the current climate, I would recommend that you engage the services of a reputable attorney or a public adjuster.

The carriers are on a denial trend, and nothing your roofer does is likely to change it.

Your roof may legitimately have damage, but the monkeys they are sending out to inspect are either compromised and scared to lose their job, or possibly just ignorant and unable to identify storm damages.

Call Mike Fried at All American public adjusters and see if they have someone in your area.

Tell him Rod sent you.

Comment

Ain't insurance companies great...……….??

Comment

Kelley Smart with Advanced Home Exteriors

713-416-1299

I referred him to someone on here the other day for siding and they were pleased with the work. May do a search of Advanced Home Exteriors and pm the posting party so see how there experience was first hand. Kelley is my family.

Comment

Member was AccuracyInc

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                              Ain't insurance companies great...……….??
                              Absolutely worth every penny.
                              For those that don’t think so can always cancel their policy’s

Comment

Working...
                              X