Grapple Bucket on Compact Tractor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    After months of researching used tractors I finally decided to take advantage of Kubota's 0% financing and feel like I got a resonable deal on an L3901. The SSQA for FEL isn't standard, but they essentially don't even sell them without on newer tractors. They also threw in a quick hitch for the rear 3pt attachments.

I initially wavered on grapple, but decided to get the 3rd function pre-installed in case I wanted to buy one later. A day later I decided to go ahead and build the grapple into the 0% (added about $11/mo. to the payment.)

They are installing the 3rd function at the dealer this morning and I take delivery this afternoon. I'll let you know my thoughts.
    I bought this same tractor in November of last year. I also got the grapple and I don’t think you will be disappointed. It’s a very handy tool and the quick hitch omg is a wonderful feature. Especially the older I get. Lol

Comment

I have an Armstrong Ag BGR Mini grapple on a 60 Hp Massey Ferguson Tractor. Armstrong is located in Brenham if that matters to you. It's 60" wide and weighs 440 pounds. I've picked up stuff with it that I wouldn't have imagined it was capable of. You do have to bear in mind the weight of the grapple and capacity of your loader. Best I recall, the grapple and third function remote was around $1,800 installed. I have yet to put the FEL bucket on the loader. The grapple is that handy.

Comment

Originally posted by BGlegal1 View Post
        I have an Armstrong Ag BGR Mini grapple on a 60 Hp Massey Ferguson Tractor. Armstrong is located in Brenham if that matters to you. It's 60" wide and weighs 440 pounds. I've picked up stuff with it that I wouldn't have imagined it was capable of. You do have to bear in mind the weight of the grapple and capacity of your loader. Best I recall, the grapple and third function remote was around $1,800 installed. I have yet to put the FEL bucket on the loader. The grapple is that handy.
        We have an Armstrong AG grapple, and it must have been built on a Friday. Most welds have no penetration. Have had to shut down jobs 3 times to go repair busted welds. It works great other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
          We have an Armstrong AG grapple, and it must have been built on a Friday. Most welds have no penetration. Have had to shut down jobs 3 times to go repair busted welds. It works great other than that.
          That surprises me. Mine has been a workhorse.

Comment

After months of researching used tractors I finally decided to take advantage of Kubota's 0% financing and feel like I got a resonable deal on an L3901. The SSQA for FEL isn't standard, but they essentially don't even sell them without on newer tractors. They also threw in a quick hitch for the rear 3pt attachments.

I initially wavered on grapple, but decided to get the 3rd function pre-installed in case I wanted to buy one later. A day later I decided to go ahead and build the grapple into the 0% (added about $11/mo. to the payment.)

They are installing the 3rd function at the dealer this morning and I take delivery this afternoon. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Atta boy Michael! I can tell you from experience, you all will be drawing straws for a while to see who gets to run the tractor until the new wears off of it!! With all those hydraulics and a few attachments, there's nothing you can't do. Heck, I'm so spoiled I don't even load/unload ice chests out of my truck by hand anymore... Use a pallet on the forks n slide 'em onto it, then straight to the barn where they sit until aging is done... Then it's to the processing table and in the freezer with the meat... All those hydraulics will make a lazy man outta you!

Comment

Too much weight in my opinion...

I have a grapple rake on the 50 horse tractor and a grapple bucket on my kubota track loader.

I can use either one on the tractor, but the grapple rake is much more useful with the tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Atta boy Michael! I can tell you from experience, you all will be drawing straws for a while to see who gets to run the tractor until the new wears off of it!! With all those hydraulics and a few attachments, there's nothing you can't do. Heck, I'm so spoiled I don't even load/unload ice chests out of my truck by hand anymore... Use a pallet on the forks n slide 'em onto it, then straight to the barn where they sit until aging is done... Then it's to the processing table and in the freezer with the meat... All those hydraulics will make a lazy man outta you!

I can see that happening! Was cool picking up an old fence post, plucking new growth mesquite, taking low hanging limbs down, etc. while I was mowing this afternoon!

Originally posted by BGlegal1 View Post

This is the same grapple I got. I also got the Armstrong box blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                  What adapter is that? I need one for a L2800.

This is the one that I got. QH15

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Look at everythingattachments.com for a grapple. Consider weight of the grapple before buying as heavier grapples will impact your overall ability to lift. If you're looking to convert to an SSQA attachment or something similar. Ask for Travis and he'll steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Comment

I shouldn't have look at this post. I've been tractor shopping and the grapple is my main need. This may have thrown me over the edge to go ahead with the purchase. My place is a never ending chore of clearing trees .

Comment

Three days in and I’m really glad I opted for the grapple.

Another gentle push...

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Now that's a great idea. I will still that from you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I'd like a bucket with a grapple as opposed to the grapple posted above. Anyone had any experience with those?
                              I wouldn't do a bucket grapple. Picking up brush to burn you don't want a bucket. You want to shake the dirt out before putting it on the burn pile.

Comment

After months of researching used tractors I finally decided to take advantage of Kubota's 0% financing and feel like I got a resonable deal on an L3901.
                                Awesome tractor. It's always a great idea to buy a new one. I've always said do you want to work with your tractor or work on your tractor.

When I was shopping for a skid steer Kubota offered 0% financing or $3000 off the price if paying cash. Seems to me like the free financing is built into the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X