Revolution belt grinder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolution belt grinder.

Well I have been meaning to post this up for a while but considering I am still not done I am hoping this gives me the push to finish it up. As I got into this one I actually started working with the designer on supplying parts so that took on more time. This video will show what the end results will be. [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IxkXHMuconA"]2x72 Belt Grinder Hidden Features For Knifemaking - YouTube[/ame]. Brian has all kinds of videos about it here https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...0vxaun8IyQojd2.
    Anyways on to the pics.
    Last edited by savagehunter83; 06-05-2020, 08:25 AM.

Finally got the pics sized so I could load them. You can see I am cutting out the 2 inch tubing that will work as the receivers for the tool arm and table rest and getting the pivot hinges and all lined up. I also attached the motor mount that has a 56c face on it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by savagehunter83; 06-19-2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

that is nice for any shop.

Comment

Next I need to work on the tension and tracking arm. This was a little more complicated but not too hard. I also started to work on the table rest sleeve.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. Did you buy a kit of parts? Also, where did you get the 2" and 1-1/2" heavy wall square tubing. The steel suppliers I deal with only sell full sticks, 20' and 24' which gets pretty spendy for the small quantity needed. I follow the FB group for DIY 2X72 but it's populated by people too lazy to do any homework. Same questions over and over. Will this 1/2 hp motor work? Can I run a VFD on a single phase motor? How do I put a drive wheel on a treadmill motor? Why did my treadmill motor die?

Comment

<

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
              Very nice. Did you buy a kit of parts? Also, where did you get the 2" and 1-1/2" heavy wall square tubing. The steel suppliers I deal with only sell full sticks, 20' and 24' which gets pretty spendy for the small quantity needed. I follow the FB group for DIY 2X72 but it's populated by people too lazy to do any homework. Same questions over and over. Will this 1/2 hp motor work? Can I run a VFD on a single phase motor? How do I put a drive wheel on a treadmill motor? Why did my treadmill motor die?
              As far as the parts go you could say I got the kit. Shoot me a pm and I will explain. I shopped around and found a place that sells the square tubing and it was more than I wanted to spend, but was not bad over all. I ended up selling pieces of it to other guys on the forum. As far as the forum goes it it crazy redundant. I almost get tired of it lol.

Comment

Well things got crazy this year and did not get a chance to show much build progress. I ended up moving a lot of parts through my garage about 18 tons in all. Anyways things have been slowing down and changing some so I decided to build a few more out of left over parts. Even designed a few. Just sharing some of the pics along the way. I plan on doing a lot better on the next one for doing a build along.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X