Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    Looks good. What is the diameter and where did you order the parts? Thanks
    Thanks, the burner was 36" so I made the ID of the pit 42" to give a few inches on each side of the burner. There are several "speciality " shops online that have a lot of the parts, but I found all mine cheaper on Amazon.

Comment

Could you provide links to the parts?

Not that I can't search myself but I wanted to do the same thing and couldn't get past the prices I found. I was all about trying to do it inexpensively while still getting decent quality. Was tough for me to find online.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          Nice! How long does a propane bottle last?
          Sat out last night around the pit and the tank lasted a little over 2 hours... Might need a bigger tank.......

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            Could you provide links to the parts?

Not that I can't search myself but I wanted to do the same thing and couldn't get past the prices I found. I was all about trying to do it inexpensively while still getting decent quality. Was tough for me to find online.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
            I hear ya, I used the specialty stores online to get ideas and see what I needed, but most of all their stuff was way too expensive and I was trying to do it as inexpensive as possible. I ended up buying my stuff on Amazon. Got the stone, lava rock, and blue glass at Home Depot. Got the metal plate cut at the HS ag shop out of a piece of scrap metal they had laying around.

Comment

Thats bad to the bone!

Comment

Nice pit, I have been wanting to make one, but for wood burning.

I have heard that you should like the inside of the fire pits with fire bricks. Apparently the issue is normal bricks or pavers could hold water and heat up and crack/“pop” with the heat build up.

Anyone have experience with this or knowledge?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  Nice pit, I have been wanting to make one, but for wood burning.

I have heard that you should like the inside of the fire pits with fire bricks. Apparently the issue is normal bricks or pavers could hold water and heat up and crack/“pop” with the heat build up.

Anyone have experience with this or knowledge?
                  On the wood burning pit I originally built I made four walls out of fire brick, didnt put any fire brick on this one. Hope the pavers dont get too hot, but I dont think they will.

Comment

Looks good, looks like I taught you well

Comment

That’s really sharp!

Comment

Very cool. I feel for your wife, allergies really suck! Good job on taking care of her and producing a sweet project!

Comment

nice

Comment

May be doing this before the month is out.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

that is cool

Comment

Working...
                                X