Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-11-2022, 10:03 PM   #1
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska
Default How dangerous is Fentanyl?

This video will show you exactly how dangerous and this is what is being allowed to pour across our southern border by the current admin..

https://youtu.be/Jd76HxqCPf0
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 10:08 PM   #2
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Thanks for the heads up. Didn’t know that was dangerous.
Colton is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 10:09 PM   #3
Mitchell8
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

Reckon it’s pouring in from Mexico or we make it here?
Mitchell8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 10:09 PM   #4
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I didn't watch the video but I'm glad it's a thing. We'll get rid of a bunch of idiots on this earth because of this drug. If you do drugs and it kills you that's on you. Don't expect me or anyone on this earth to care about your life if you don't.

My best suggestion is if someone is suffering from what seems to be an overdose, let them die. It's not worth risking your life to save theirs.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-11-2022 at 10:12 PM.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 10:20 PM   #5
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
I didn't watch the video but I'm glad it's a thing. We'll get rid of a bunch of idiots on this earth because of this drug. If you do drugs and it kills you that's on you. Don't expect me or anyone on this earth to care about your life if you don't.

My best suggestion is if someone is suffering from what seems to be an overdose, let them die. It's not worth risking your life to save theirs.
Watch the video. A LEO almost died just from exposure alone during a search.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:23 PM   #6
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Watch the video. A LEO almost died just from exposure alone during a search.
I've seen it. I wouldn't go sniffing anything. You can die just giving cpr from someone that's ingested it. It's not worth it.

How there are even people wanting to be cops now days is beyond me. They don't get paid near enough for their troubles.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:24 PM   #7
rolylane6
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wise county

Quote:

You might wanna watch the video. The deputy that almost died was probably not an idiot.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 10:25 PM   #8
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Go to 5:10

Old 05-11-2022, 10:26 PM   #9
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolylane6 View Post
You might wanna watch the video. The deputy that almost died was probably not an idiot.

The world needs to go 1 week without the police just so they can see how much we need them.

I bet the people that hate them would have a new found respect for them. They risk their life for what?..... I don't see why anyone would want their job.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-11-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #10
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
The world needs to go 1 week without the police just so they can see how much we need them.

I bet the people that hate them would have a new found respect for them.
I say 3 months.. And what happens during that 3 months no one shall be held accountable for... We could make it a bteer place..
Old 05-11-2022, 10:32 PM   #11
RutnBuk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills/Brown county

Quote:

I bet the people that hate them would have a new found respect for them. They risk their life for what?..... I don't see why anyone would want their job.
Need to let us go for a few months without them. We need to cleanse our society.
RutnBuk is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 10:32 PM   #12
rolylane6
Ten Point

Quote:

I hear ya. My son still wants to be an officer. I keep asking him why. He says he just wants to be the guy that makes a difference. Says he knows it ain't easy and that I always taught him good things aren't always easy. I guess it's on me then, huh? Dang it!

Old 05-11-2022, 10:36 PM   #13
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
I say 3 months.. And what happens during that 3 months no one shall be held accountable for... We could make it a bteer place..
That would be plenty long enough.

You know what kills me? I've personally seen a person on Facebook who seems to hate the police one week praise them the next. They're only good when some people need them. They're better than I am that's for sure. It's not any different than fighting a war for a nation that is ungrateful. Because that's what these men and women are doing.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:40 PM   #14
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
I hear ya. My son still wants to be an officer. I keep asking him why. He says he just wants to be the guy that makes a difference. Says he knows it ain't easy and that I always taught him good things aren't always easy. I guess it's on me then, huh? Dang it!

I commend him for that. I hate to be the negative voice but as you can probably understand I have to wonder why myself.

But.......I also want to believe that good triumphs over evil every time. Am I wrong for believing that? I hope not.

I'm not wrong. These are dark times we live in. But good will triumph over evil. But good has to exist in order for that to happen.

I just get sick and tired of hearing about evil winning. A person who has lost their way is not worth your sons life or anyone else's for that matter. I don't like seeing the good guys lose. I don't like seeing the strong lose. It's frustrating.

The men and women who serve this country deserve much more than they're given. To me that's disheartening.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-11-2022 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:57 PM   #15
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:04 PM   #16
okrattler
Pope & Young

I don't know if any of you guys watch Vigilance Elite on YouTube but there was a guy on there recently who has Intel on the Cartel in Mexico. Apparently there is a new drug that is way more potent than Fentanyl.

To me that's just insane. The fact that fentanyl exist is crazy enough. As someone who has never even smoked weed I just have to wonder, why? What is the meaning of all of this? Getting drunk is one thing. Getting so high that your soul leaves your body doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

I think I've seen my fair share of pain and hard times during my time on this earth. I don't ever want to be in so much pain I have to take something like that. I don't see how it's even possible. Life is not that hard. It's just not.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-11-2022 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM   #17
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell8 View Post
Reckon it’s pouring in from Mexico or we make it here?
Manufactured / produced in mx with chems / directions from 'chynah' is the majority of what's crossing sotb right now from my sources...same as meth.

NOTHING crosses the rio without narco approval & humans are currently the most profitable commodity.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:19 PM   #18
Briar Friar
Pope & Young

Quote:

They are the local Homeland defenders of the Constitution and peaceful Republic. Exactly the reason the Marxist want to defund the police and reimagine the police. Then absolute lawlessness and anarchy ensues. Then Marxist Federal Government implements centralized federal policing…decentralizing policing authority and local governance. The consolidation of Federal powers allows the deletion of individual rights and freedoms for disengaging fear **** from centralized Marxist party media upon the public hysteria.

Thanks but no thanks respectfully.
I get your point though.

Fentanyl is coming in from China through Mexico to poison our vulnerable and destabilize our populace.

Good push Mr Taxidermy.
Briar Friar is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:21 PM   #19
okrattler
Pope & Young

When will enough be enough? Mexico is so corrupt that it will take America stepping in to make the madness stop. Our police officers can only do so much. Once it's here,it's here. To fight this battle we would have to start at the source. Until then things will only get worse. We are losing this battle and our law enforcement around the country are fighting an uphill battle and losing ground rapidly. It's just not right.

But I don't doubt for a second that the only reason the "war on drugs" in America is being lost is due to our own government. Someone is obviously benefiting from it or it wouldn't be as big of an issue. The almighty dollar is going to be our downfall.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-11-2022 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:29 PM   #20
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
They are the local Homeland defenders of the Constitution and peaceful Republic. Exactly the reason the Marxist want to defund the police and reimagine the police. Then absolute lawlessness and anarchy ensues. Then Marxist Federal Government implements centralized federal policing…decentralizing policing authority and local governance. The consolidation of Federal powers allows the deletion of individual rights and freedoms for disengaging fear **** from centralized Marxist party media upon the public hysteria.

Thanks but no thanks respectfully.
I get your point though.

Fentanyl is coming in from China through Mexico to poison our vulnerable and destabilize our populace.

Good push Mr Taxidermy.
We've seen the same lawlessness recently. The BLM movement is a big example of that. Cities were burnt to the ground,people were vandalized,beaten and murdered and nobody was held accountable. The last election was proof of that. Lawlessness and anarchy is our jam. That's what America is. Except the only people pushing their agenda and gaining ground are the people that don't need to be.

And here we sit quietly. Losing ground. Not standing up for what is right. And that's why we're losing.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-11-2022 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:16 AM   #21
Redfeathers
Six Point

Vigilance Elite, with guest Ed Calderon and another was Luis Chaparro. They both have been on the podcast twice I think.
Redfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 04:07 AM   #22
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfeathers View Post
Vigilance Elite, with guest Ed Calderon and another was Luis Chaparro. They both have been on the podcast twice I think.
Oh yeah, the one I talked about was Luis. Dude has seen some wild stuff.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:45 AM   #23
rolylane6
Ten Point

Quote:
I commend him for that. I hate to be the negative voice but as you can probably understand I have to wonder why myself.

But.......I also want to believe that good triumphs over evil every time. Am I wrong for believing that? I hope not.

I'm not wrong. These are dark times we live in. But good will triumph over evil. But good has to exist in order for that to happen.

I just get sick and tired of hearing about evil winning. A person who has lost their way is not worth your sons life or anyone else's for that matter. I don't like seeing the good guys lose. I don't like seeing the strong lose. It's frustrating.

The men and women who serve this country deserve much more than they're given. To me that's disheartening.
You are correct that good always triumps over evil. Remember that even applies in death. There is no greater love than a man who lays down his life for another. Even if the "another" is a bad guy. A man who shows the greatest love one can show certainly earns a fitting reward.

Old 05-12-2022, 05:27 AM   #24
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Worked a deal Monday. Meth cook apparently spilled 5 gallons of it on himself. He made a meth angle on the floor before we checked out.

Never seen that much crystal on TV much less in real life.

One of our narcotics units had the same thing happen to her as in that video. Narcan and 2 quick thinkers saved her life. All she did was touch a baggie. That didn't have fentynal in it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 05:27 AM   #25
Texas452
Eight Point

Location: Own property in Burleson,Leon and Coleman counties.
Hunt In: Burleson Coleman Leon counties

Quote:
When will enough be enough? Mexico is so corrupt that it will take America stepping in to make the madness stop. Our police officers can only do so much. Once it's here,it's here. To fight this battle we would have to start at the source. Until then things will only get worse. We are losing this battle and our law enforcement around the country are fighting an uphill battle and losing ground rapidly. It's just not right.

But I don't doubt for a second that the only reason the "war on drugs" in America is being lost is due to our own government. Someone is obviously benefiting from it or it wouldn't be as big of an issue. The almighty dollar is going to be our downfall.
Our current government is just as or more corrupt than the Mexican government.
It all started with the Marxist Obama.
Texas452 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 06:21 AM   #26
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Quote:

Advice from a 13 year LEO.....go be a fireman.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 06:36 AM   #27
RR 314
Pope & Young

Quote:

Moron action day.
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 06:44 AM   #28
STX_Shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr County

My 24yo cousin had a OD just a few months ago. I was never told exactly what he did him in.
STX_Shooter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 06:45 AM   #29
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Broke parent kids baseball club

Quote:

So a couple of college kids buy a $60 bag of coke for a Saturday night that winds up being laced. They die, one is your kid. You would be happy about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 07:04 AM   #30
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampa View Post
So a couple of college kids buy a $60 bag of coke for a Saturday night that winds up being laced. They die, one is your kid. You would be happy about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd bury him,be sad and move on. That's all I could do at that point. As for feeling bad for him I wouldn't. I'd feel bad that I failed as a parent which led to the demise of my child. But I wouldn't make excuses for his stupidity that got him there. My kid would know beforehand that you get what you put into this life. Jack around and act dumb and dumb **** will happen.

Everyone on this earth knows the dangers of doing drugs. Therefore if you do them and you die.....you're an idiot. I don't care if you're my brother,mother or best friend. It is what it is regardless. If you go out like that you're a dumbass.

If my kid overdosed on fentanyl my only hopes would be that the paramedics or cops or whoever found them wouldn't risk their life trying to revive him or her. No sense in someone who has a family that cares about them not going home over someone who obviously didn't care enough about their life not to do drugs in the first place. And I mean that with all my heart.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-12-2022 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:19 AM   #31
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR 314 View Post
Moron action day.
Care to elaborate? Because I speak the truth and I don't let my emotions control my thoughts and my grip on reality? That doesn't make me a moron that makes me a realist. If you can't handle the truth probably ought to not read my posts. Because I'll say how it is every time.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:29 AM   #32
Raider Power
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfeathers View Post
I was literally going to bring up the same podcasts, the most recent one with Luis Chaparro when he was embedded with the Sinaloa cartel was eye opening. They’re producing enough straight fentanyl tablets to supply every man,woman, and child in the United States.
Raider Power is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 07:42 AM   #33
RR 314
Pope & Young

Quote:
Care to elaborate? Because I speak the truth and I don't let my emotions control my thoughts and my grip on reality? That doesn't make me a moron that makes me a realist. If you can't handle the truth probably ought to not read my posts. Because I'll say how it is every time.
No genuine need for elaboration. It should be evident upon even cursory reflection. You stated "I'm glad it's a thing (fentanyl)." That is ridiculous. Even in Oklahoma.

Because you say something does not make it reality or truth as you claim. Being "glad" fentanyl is "a thing" in this country is an opinion that very few rational people would adopt. Stating you are glad fentanyl is a thing establishes you are pleased it is pouring across our southern border and killing people. Glad that brings you joy. Enjoy your realism and truth.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:52 AM   #34
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
No genuine need for elaboration. It should be evident upon even cursory reflection. You stated "I'm glad it's a thing (fentanyl)." That is ridiculous. Even in Oklahoma.

Because you say something does not make it reality or truth as you claim. Being "glad" fentanyl is "a thing" in this country is an opinion that very few rational people would adopt. Stating you are glad fentanyl is a thing establishes you are pleased it is pouring across our southern border and killing people. Glad that brings you joy. Enjoy your realism and truth.
Well you may feel bad for people who choose to do self harm but I don't. You may feel bad for drug addicted people who would rob you blind or kill you but I don't. The world doesn't need them. And whether you think so or not that's the truth. Unless you're serving a purpose on this earth other than breathing then there ain't much use in you being here. That applies to more than just drug addicts.

They're slowing killing their self anyway. Fentanyl is just helping them on their way. Maybe the "war on drugs" will be won with the aid of the suppliers. Because as of now there aren't enough consequences for doing drugs. People treat it as if it's a joke. Fentanyl might wake some people up. Obviously it's not a joke. It's probably the most destructive thing out there today. If people get tired enough of seeing folks die that might lead to progress here in the United States. We might actually get the gumption to put an end to all of this nonsense.

Progress has never been made at any point in time unless things were going poorly. Fentanyl might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Last edited by okrattler; 05-12-2022 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:20 AM   #35
RR 314
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well you may feel bad for people who choose to do self harm but I don't. You may feel bad for drug addicted people who would rob you blind or kill you but I don't. The world doesn't need them. And whether you think so or not that's the truth. Unless you're serving a purpose on this earth other than breathing then there ain't much use in you being here. That applies to more than just drug addicts.

They're slowing killing their self anyway. Fentanyl is just helping them on their way. Maybe the "war on drugs" will be won with the aid of the suppliers. Because as of now there aren't enough consequences for doing drugs. People treat it as if it's a joke. Fentanyl might wake some people up. Obviously it's not a joke. It's probably the most destructive thing out there today. If people get tired enough of seeing folks die that might lead to progress here in the United States. We might actually get the gumption to put an end to all of this nonsense.
I don't "feel bad" for victim precipitated poor outcomes. I don't celebrate it and welcome the outcome under some cleansing theory. You likely thought HIV/AIDS (at least in 80's and 90's) was a good thing as well. Carry on. I have to go do something other than breathe.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:21 AM   #36
ultrastealth
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

Liberals want fewer people on Earth. That's why they favor abortion, don't care about drug abuse, promote endless wars, etc. They hate humanity.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 08:28 AM   #37
RifleBowPistol
Pope & Young

Quote:
That video is 100% proof that at least 90% of our government are completely corrupt. Almost all of them are there just for the money, right now, only a few of them are thinking about the future. What good is all that money, that they are stealing right now, if the country completely collapses in two years, or even five years. They are ****ing idiots, blind with greed.

Then the people of this country who are mostly fed up with the government corruption, are doing nothing other than whining and complaining. But the government is taking action to prepare for the day that some of the people of this country may rise up and make a stand against the corruption of the government. This whole lack of ammo and reloading components is not a coincidence. They know to be able to blatantly steal billons of dollars from the US citizens weekly and get away with it, they will have to disarm us. At some point when people don't have fuel to go to work, no jobs to go to and no food for their families, and no money, they will likely finally go after the real cause of the problem.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 08:28 AM   #38
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:

fireman make a difference, go that route. 17 years LE here, gonna be real hard to stick around after 3 more.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 08:31 AM   #39
RifleBowPistol
Pope & Young

If a lot of drug users choose to use fentanyl, it will greatly reduce our drug using community. That stuff is very dangerous. I think the word will and or has gotten around in that world enough, that there are probably a bunch that will not touch it. The heroin users, who are seriously messed up after years of using that drug and teens, who don't fully understand how dangerous it is. wanting to try something new are probably the ones willing to try it, most often.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #40
dosrobles
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bertram

The precursors come from China. They send us what we don’t want and won’t send us what we do want. It would be better if we quit doing business with people that are trying to kill us
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #41
3rdCoastHunter
Ten Point

Many TBH sons and daughters are prolly railin lines in college - just hope them or anyone else doesn’t come across any tainted batches.

This DA over here squawkin about everybody who does drugs should die and no one Would care is a huge joke.

Last edited by 3rdCoastHunter; 05-12-2022 at 09:59 AM.
3rdCoastHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 10:04 AM   #42
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Obviously the producers of the **** in China are highly responsible for some of this. Along with them, the cartels in Mexico share another portion of responsibility.

But when are we going to get serious about both dealers and users in the US?? For dealers lock them up for ten years once and use some of that green energy to make them crispy critters on a second conviction. As for users, lock them up until they are clean…
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 10:16 AM   #43
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
Many TBH sons and daughters are prolly railin lines in college - just hope them or anyone else doesn’t come across any tainted batches.

This DA over here squawkin about everybody who does drugs should die and no one Would care is a huge joke.
No having a weak mindset is a joke. If you don't care enough about yourself not to do drugs don't expect me to care what happens to your life. It wouldn't be any different than if I played chicken with a semi and got smoked or played Russian Roulette and domed myself. I wouldn't expect one person to feel bad about it. If you're snorting cocaine or smoking meth you're living on borrowed time. That's your problem. I ain't got time to be crying over it.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:16 AM   #44
Ouch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a camo banana hammock.

I have seen some absolutely appalling, ***-backward comments on this site over the years, but #4 here takes the cake.

Having known two kids that ODed on a substance they had NO CLUE they were ingesting, I can assure anyone who can't take the time to see past the end of their upward-pointing nose that bad things do happen to good, undeserving people.
Ouch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 10:25 AM   #45
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
I have seen some absolutely appalling, ***-backward comments on this site over the years, but #4 here takes the cake.

Having known two kids that ODed on a substance they had NO CLUE they were ingesting, I can assure anyone who can't take the time to see past the end of their upward-pointing nose that bad things do happen to good, undeserving people.
Did they have a clue they were ingesting a substance of any kind? It was a complete accident or were they getting high to begin with? Were they there when whatever they were getting high on was made? Then why would you not assume it's got a little extra something in it? Drug dealers probably aren't the most trustworthy of people so......You kind of have to question what you're getting if you're into that lifestyle. I would think so anyway but I'm not about that life so I ain't worried about it whatsoever.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:50 AM   #46
Ouch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a camo banana hammock.

Careful, your podium is wobbly.

I remember when I was 16 and had the highest horse in all the land.
Ouch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 11:01 AM   #47
Daddy D
Eight Point

Is OkRattler really wrong though? Sure his comments are maybe a little hard-lined lol but his premise sticks: play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Saying "well they didn't KNOW the cocaine had fenty in it!" is kind of pointless, because they DID know that it was cocaine, and they DID know it might have fenty in it. We all assume the risk when we do the coca.
Daddy D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #48
HankTheTank
Four Point

Quote:

Said it better than I would.

It/drugs don't just affect the users. Like the officer in the video, I'm sure there are many other innocent people like children, younger siblings, friends, etc. that have been hurt or killed through no fault of their own as the result of a users choice(s).

Often when I take my kids outdoors, we take a trash bag and clean up the area before we leave so it's cleaner/better than before we got there. While the risk seems low, the video has enlightened me that simply picking up what looks like a harmless piece of trash could have devastating consequences.
HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #49
Trapper76
Eight Point

I don’t comment on these types of post often, and wouldn’t have even opened it if I didn’t have a teenager at home. I heard on the radio yesterday that fentanyl was the #1 killer of youth in the USA. My daughter is a good kid, makes good grades and doesn’t get in trouble, so this type of thing doesn’t get discussed. I mentioned yesterday at the dinner table, neither my wife or daughter even knew what fentanyl was. I felt like I had let my daughter down. My point is talk to your kids, this is dangerous stuff.
Trapper76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2022, 11:15 AM   #50
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy D View Post
Is OkRattler really wrong though? Sure his comments are maybe a little hard-lined lol but his premise sticks: play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Saying "well they didn't KNOW the cocaine had fenty in it!" is kind of pointless, because they DID know that it was cocaine, and they DID know it might have fenty in it. We all assume the risk when we do the coca.
If I were to die as a result from a snake bite while catching rattlesnakes and the news article got posted here how many "Play stupid games,win stupid prizes." type comments would be on the thread? I'm sure more than a few. And they wouldn't be wrong. And it could happen. I know that it could happen. Anyone who does anything that has a risk involved should understand and accept the risk.