Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day is at Hand

The Day Is at Hand
    The night is far gone; the day is at hand. (Romans 13:12)
    This is a word of hope to suffering Christians. It’s a word of hope to Christians who hate their own sin and long to be done with sinning. It’s a word of hope to Christians who long for the last enemy Death to be overcome and thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:14).
    How is it a word of hope for all these?
    “The night” stands for this age of darkness and all its sin and misery and death. And what does Paul say about it? “The night is far gone.” The age of sin and misery and death is almost spent. The day of righteousness and peace and total joy is dawning.
    You might say, “2,000 years seems like a long dawn.” From one standpoint it is. And we cry, How long, O Lord, how long will you let it go on? But the biblical way to think goes beyond this lament of “How long!” It looks at world history differently.
    The key difference is that the “day” — the new age of the Messiah — has really dawned in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the end of this fallen age. That is, the end of this fallen age has, as it were, broken in to this world. Jesus defeated sin and pain and death and Satan when he died and rose again. The decisive battle of the ages is over. The kingdom has come. Eternal life has come.
    And when dawn happens — as it did in the coming of Jesus — no one should doubt the coming of day. Not even if the dawn draws out 2,000 years. As Peter says in 2 Peter 3:8, “Do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” The dawn has come. The day has arrived. Nothing can stop the rising of the sun to full day.
    Solid Joy Ministries

Amen

Comment

Amen Bro Bill.

Comment

Amen Bro Bill, thanks for posting.

Comment

Amen sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great message, as always!

Comment

Amen

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Bring it!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Up

Comment

Bro Bill
                        I appreciate the post ever morning
                        Thanks for sharing

Comment

Good words Bro. Bill, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            Bro Bill
                            I appreciate the post ever morning
                            Thanks for sharing
                            X2, always makes my day better.

Comment

Psalms 90:1-14 A prayer of Moses, man of God. God, it seems you've been our home forever; (2) long before the mountains were born, Long before you brought earth itself to birth, from "once upon a time" to "kingdom come"--you are God. (3) So don't return us to mud, saying, "Back to where you came from!" (4) Patience! You've got all the time in the world--whether a thousand years or a day, it's all the same to you. (5) Are we no more to you than a wispy dream, no more than a blade of grass (6) That springs up gloriously with the rising sun and is cut down without a second thought? (7) Your anger is far and away too much for us; we're at the end of our rope. (8) You keep track of all our sins; every misdeed since we were children is entered in your books. (9) All we can remember is that frown on your face. Is that all we're ever going to get? (10) We live for seventy years or so (with luck we might make it to eighty), And what do we have to show for it? Trouble. Toil and trouble and a marker in the graveyard. (11) Who can make sense of such rage, such anger against the very ones who fear you? (12) Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well! (13) Come back, GOD--how long do we have to wait?-- and treat your servants with kindness for a change. (14) Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we'll skip and dance all the day long.

Hosea 5:15-6:2 I will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their sin. Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will seek Me at day break." (6:1) Come, and let us return to the LORD; For He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. (2) After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, That we may live in His sight.

Exodus 19:10-16 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes. (11) "And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. (12) "You shall set bounds for the people all around, saying, 'Take heed to yourselves that you do not go up to the mountain or touch its base. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death. (13) 'Not a hand shall touch him, but he shall surely be stoned or shot with an arrow; whether man or beast, he shall not live.' When the trumpet sounds long, they shall come near the mountain." (14) So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and sanctified the people, and they washed their clothes. (15) And he said to the people, "Be ready for the third day; do not come near your wives." (16) Then it came to pass on the third day, in the morning, that there were thunderings and lightnings, and a thick cloud on the mountain; and the sound of the trumpet was very loud, so that all the people who were in the camp trembled.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself will come DOWN from heaven with a mighty shout and with the soul-stirring cry of the archangel and the great trumpet-call of God. And the believers who are dead will be the first to rise to meet the Lord. (17) Then we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up with them in the clouds[lower clouds] to meet the Lord in the air[lower air] and remain with him forever.

Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice and honor him; for the time has come for the wedding banquet of the Lamb, and his bride has prepared herself.

Revelation 21:2-10 And I saw the holy city, the New Jerusalem, descending from God out of heaven, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband. (3) And I heard a great voice from heaven, which said: Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men; and he dwelleth with them: they will be his people; and God will be with them, a God to them. (4) And every tear will be wiped from their eyes; and there will no more be death, nor mourning, nor wailing; nor shall pain be any more; because the former things are passed away. (5) And He who sat on the throne, said: Behold, I make all things new. And he said: Write; because these are the faithful and true words of God. (6) And he said to me: I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Completion: to him who thirsteth, will I give of the fountain of living water, gratis. (7) He that overcometh, shall inherit these things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (8) But to the timid, and the unbelieving, and to the sinful, and polluted, and to manslayers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and to all false persons, their portion shall be in the lake that burneth with fire and sulphur, which is the second death. (9) And there came one of those seven angels, who have the seven cups filled with the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying: Come, I will show thee the bride, the wife of the Lamb. (10) And he bore me away in the spirit, to a mountain great and high, and he showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God;

Thy Kingdom come thy will be done!

Comment

Working...
                              X