Summer vacation trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer vacation trip

Planning a trip for this summer for myself ,wife and 17 year old daughter. Driving from Elgin Texas to Destin Florida. Need advice on things to along the way. Never been east of Texas.

WWII museum in NOLA

Food, food, and more food in NOLA.

USS Alabama in Mobile

NAS Pensacola Air Museum

Comment

We’ve stopped in New Orleans, Mobile, and Biloxi. My kids are younger but we went to baseball games in Biloxi and Mobile. There is also the battleship in Mobile. I wouldn’t say there are any must stops but we usually try to break up the trip.
      We didn’t care for New Orleans much it was miserably hot and just as dirty as you here but we did eat some good food and Jackson square was near but a lot of weirdos.
      Last edited by DKirk; 02-16-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

We stopped in NOLA overnight. We had a good dinner but the city sucks. Dirty as heck and a just an arm pit. Stop to eat and sleep then move along asap

Comment

stop and eat at Dragos in New Orleans or Metairie and then keep on trucking go the blue water

Comment

We've gone almost every year for the last 20. Only thing I've ever wanted to stop and see is the Battleship and I've never done it. The piece of advice I give everyone is get to the Mobile tunnel early in the morning. It can become a terrible spot later in the day.
            Last edited by CEO; 02-17-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Just keep driving

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Stop at R R seafood in Mobile the food is outstanding times 10. The food in Destin is horrible. Maguires is ok but very expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great Boudin/food at the Scott exit in Lafayette, three stores to chose from.
                  Don's, Billy's and Best Stop.
                  Acme Oyster in Baton Rouge is usually good, and right off the interstate.
                  We usually try to plan our trip through Mobile, rush hour and the tunnel there can be tough.

Comment

The farthest I’ve been that way is Lake Charles. Plan to be there around lunch or dinner and eat at Steamboat Bill’s.

Comment

Watch or listen to the traffic reports on the way. Getting stuck on any of the long bridges sucks!

Comment

Big Daddy Don Garlits museum of drag racing is in Ocala Florida. If you are into old hotrods and drag racing.

Comment

Mr. Bills Seafood in Lake Charles. Owners are great people and are typically there everyday. Anyone I have sent to them have enjoyed the food. Great folks for sure.

Comment

Bucees in Waller. After that, not much reason to stop

Comment

We go to Orange Beach every summer. Our stop for the night is always Jackson, Ms. it’s a good place in the middle to catch some ZZZs.

Comment

Working...
                              X