No announcement yet.

Future Real Estate Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put my house/property on the market this week for crazy $ to see if someone from Cali or NY want a little slice of Tx country/semi-urban living. My buyer pool is going to be limited.
    Kinda hope it doesn’t sell, too much crap to move but if it does I probably just cut years to retirement from 10 to 5-6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
      I hope it falls......We just approached 3 seperate land owners that own land that borders ours in an attempt to buy them out.
      So your trying to buy land hoping the value will drop? I’ve never tried that investment strategy. Let us know how that works out for you.

Comment

New development going in east of Kerrville. All lots are 5+ acres so they have to have well and septic. Some of them butt up to Verde Creek. Saw one lot was listed at 475K, then bumped up to 480K the next week. I'm not a math wizard but that's a lot of money per acre. The add says they are sold out so I am guessing this lot is a resale. Just a crazy market here in the Hill Country.

Comment

Where bouts east of Kerrville. I'll be headed there tomorrow. I hunt just south of Center point.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            When the cost of borrowing money increases real estate will come down. The Fed has backed themselves in the corner and have to be aggressive with rates to curb this inflation. No way around it

This is where alot of ppl are mistaken on rural land loans...
            With companies like capital farm it has nothing to do with the fed rate... they set their own rate just call and you will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              Where bouts east of Kerrville. I'll be headed there tomorrow. I hunt just south of Center point.
              It's out by Camp Verde, just off of FM 480. Going towards Center Point on 480 from Camp Verde it is on the left.
              Last edited by txlawdog; 05-21-2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                This is where alot of ppl are mistaken on rural land loans...
                With companies like capital farm it has nothing to do with the fed rate... they set their own rate just call and you will see.
                I will say Capital Farm was easy to work with and sent me a patronage check yearly which amounted to about one month's payment. I paid off my land a few years ago and I'm still getting a check, not sure how much longer that will last. Finally debt free and retired, a great feeling especially watching this market, son trying to buy house and is 0-3. Either a higher offer or cash offer that the sellers are afraid to turn down.

Comment

That is a few miles south of me. Landowner has talked about it. Ranchers are not happy.

Comment

That is a few miles south of me. Landowner has talked about it. Ranchers are not happy.
                    I'm sure they are not. I don't know if this is being busted up by the old owner or his/heirs. I'm new to the area and trying to get to know who is who. Lots of people moving out this way and they are going to have a time with trying to make sure there is enough water for everyone. They all seem to have enough money but no one appreciates the water until the well goes dry. These lots will all have to have their own well so we shall see. I think it takes 5 acres now to be able to drill a well until they make new rules. If we don't get some rain before too long things are going to be really dry.

Comment

Markets in my area have cooled off the last few months. Last summer you couldn’t hardly find a house or small land tract that wasn’t pending. Now seeing more price drops and these same houses are staying listed much longer.

My guess says the market will correct if the feds keeping with the rate hikes. The purchasing power will only continue to decline as interest rates rise and the everyday cost of living increases. Wouldn’t be surprised to see folks who bought a small recreational property in the last few years start to list these tracts. Some may start to realize that extra $1,000 payment isn’t worth it now that gas has gone up, they can’t afford to drive out there as much, and the possibility of prices receding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by willfrench View Post
                        Single ownership of property in today's world is becoming too expensive and burdensome. With the development of Internet technologies, online platforms emerged, making it possible to share things and resources belonging to different people. At the same time, some companies can conduct all the transactions for you https://onstage-online.com/contact-san-francisco. Thus a new socio-economic model appeared - the economy of shared consumption, which has reached an annual turnover of $15 billion. By 2025 it is projected to exceed $335 billion, making it one of the economy's fastest-growing sectors. This is a profitable market to invest in!
                        Good minds, no?

Comment

Market is still crazy around Ft Hood area.
                          Listed my house last Saturday. Had 3 showings Sunday and 3 on Monday. Signed a 10K over asking contract Monday evening.
                          Yes, once you get over $250k in the area the pool of home buyers shrinks.
                          People moving up this area from Austin, Georgetown, to get away from high taxes and out of Killeen (Crime) etc. And with 183 expanding further towards Lampasas, lots of them driving into work or teleworking also..

Comment

Travis county apprasised my place to be a small fortune. Put it on the market 10 days ago. Only 1 showing. Yesterday my realtor called and gave me the story of how the market has changed in the last month etc. Asked me to drop listing price by 51K. Less than the county appraised value.
                            Told her I was in no hurry to sell. I think she is wanting to get her commission and move on.

Comment

Travis county apprasised my place to be a small fortune. Put it on the market 10 days ago. Only 1 showing. Yesterday my realtor called and gave me the story of how the market has changed in the last month etc. Asked me to drop listing price by 51K. Less than the county appraised value.
                              Told her I was in no hurry to sell. I think she is wanting to get her commission and move on.

Smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10yr Treasury yield today is at 2.72%, down from 3.13% 2 weeks ago. I've been saying that the Fed will likely raise rates less than everybody has been expecting, and they may even cut rates later this year/early next year if we see an actual recession (2 quarters in a row of negative GDP growth).

All that to say that mortgage and land loan rates, which are based on Treasury bond rates, may not skyrocket like some people are thinking. So rates may not drag the real estate market down that much. Of course, if we slip into recession that will be a drag on the real estate market. Lots of possible scenarios....

Comment

Working...
                                X