2022. College baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    Ags about to do the same…..no harm, no foul.
    But we win the division . . Gig em . .

Comment

Originally posted by preaux40 View Post
      aTm wins west division . .
      ???? We’ll both be 18-11 in conf play with a game tomorrow, we ain’t won nothin yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I’m also a big fan of baseball on radio, and I’m probably in the minority on this, but I thing Craig Way is better at baseball than he is at football.
        Craig Way is, hands down, the best college sports announcer period.

Comment

Congrats to the Ags. My Cats win again today to go 43-11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            ???? We’ll both be 18-11 in conf play with a game tomorrow, we ain’t won nothin yet.
            You're correct . . A little anxious on my part . .

Comment

Ags “magic number” is 1. Any combination of ATM win (including tonight) or Arky loss will secure west.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I’m also a big fan of baseball on radio, and I’m probably in the minority on this, but I thing Craig Way is better at baseball than he is at football.

Agreed

He’s a cornball in almost all aspects of life but he’s also a walking encyclopedia of information. His signature “say goodnight to it” rubs me wrong but it’s worth it when he tells you that the next kid coming to the plate is related to some random Texas sports legend from Cuero in 1960’s. I wish I had a fraction of his sports knowledge.

I love the way he paints the uniforms, the weather conditions and the overall scene. He’s very good at taking you there.

I used to listen to Norm Hitzges on AM pre ticket radio. I know it’s hard to fathom but back in the day, Norm was the sheet. He reminds me of Norm in his prime. Wholesome sports radio at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                  Agreed

He’s a cornball in almost all aspects of life but he’s also a walking encyclopedia of information. His signature “say goodnight to it” rubs me wrong but it’s worth it when he tells you that the next kid coming to the plate is related to some random Texas sports legend from Cuero in 1960’s. I wish I had a fraction of his sports knowledge.

I love the way he paints the uniforms, the weather conditions and the overall scene. He’s very good at taking you there.

I used to listen to Norm Hitzges on AM pre ticket radio. I know it’s hard to fathom but back in the day, Norm was the sheet. He reminds me of Norm in his prime. Wholesome sports radio at its finest.

I’m college, when we saw him at Posse East we would walk by, name a random high school and he would yell out the mascot. It was pretty awesome.

His “say good night” phrase came from a high school football playoff game early in his career.

With Craig on the radio, Swindell and Moreland on TV, Texas fans are pretty blessed with great coverage.

Comment

I hope Moreland heals up, sounds like he’s on the mend from a significant cardiac event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Say goodnight to it drives me crazy. What does that even mean? He was better as a color guy back in the day with Shoening. That was the best duo ever.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-21-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

bryanw1995

11:18a, 5/19/22

Saban is just lowering everyones expectations so that he can justify his future failures. Alabama boosters have been getting by with spending a few million per year for 20 yrs b/c nobody else was as well-organized (or as willing to break the rules). Now that everybody can do out in public what saban and a few others have been quietly doing behind the scenes all these years, he sees that he wont be able to compete. His boosters are out of powder, whereas the boosters at A&M, Florida, UGA, ole Miss, Arky, LSU, tu, OU, USC, etc etc etc all have plenty of powder left and are desperate for titles.

Bama will be competitive for years to come, their team is still stacked with top tier players, but the playing field certainly has a lot more competition for them now. I'm not denying that Saban is a good coach, he clearly is, but he's spent so long with a huge talent advantage that it will be difficult for him to adapt to seeing similar talent on the other sideline every week in the coming years. This is the beginning of the end for Saban.

Oops…. Wrong thread. Still makes sense though.
                        Last edited by Bayouboy; 05-21-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          bryanw1995

11:18a, 5/19/22

Saban is just lowering everyones expectations so that he can justify his future failures. Alabama boosters have been getting by with spending a few million per year for 20 yrs b/c nobody else was as well-organized (or as willing to break the rules). Now that everybody can do out in public what saban and a few others have been quietly doing behind the scenes all these years, he sees that he wont be able to compete. His boosters are out of powder, whereas the boosters at A&M, Florida, UGA, ole Miss, Arky, LSU, tu, OU, USC, etc etc etc all have plenty of powder left and are desperate for titles.

Bama will be competitive for years to come, their team is still stacked with top tier players, but the playing field certainly has a lot more competition for them now. I'm not denying that Saban is a good coach, he clearly is, but he's spent so long with a huge talent advantage that it will be difficult for him to adapt to seeing similar talent on the other sideline every week in the coming years. This is the beginning of the end for Saban.

This . . [emoji106]

Comment

If Texas wins today and Tech loses then Texas should host before Tech.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The boos get louder for Rock after he hits a 3-run shot to tie it at 5-5

Comment

And now a grand slam for Minnich! 7-run inning and still batting. This team is unreal!

Comment

Working...
                                X