Choosing Love over Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
    What a great word! I'm betting that many of us a struggling with this right now. I know that I am!

I watched a thief walk out of Walmart with a $2 soda, I watched a man dressed as a woman walk by, I watched young (perfectly capable) adults riding around on an electric handicap cart through the store, and my thoughts were not very kind in any of those situations. It sucks to know that our world is spiraling further and further away from "the good ole days".

I'm constantly reminding people that politicians are not going to fix anything. Only God can repair the brokenness that we are seeing right now. Then I get convicted myself wondering, how are they going to know God if all I'm doing is walking about shaking my head in disgust when I see them? That's not the way that Christ loved. The way that Christ loved actually attracted sinners in so that he could teach them the LOVE of God.

I may not be able to transform the heart of a thief, a dude dressed as a woman, or adults who have no respect for the disabled; but God can! I just need to do my part by loving God with all of my mind heart and soul and loving my neighbor as myself and let God do the rest.
    Amen!! The change needed is ME!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

So true..society needs to get back to GOD'S words and meaning

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen Bro. Bill, thanks.

Comment

It starts right here

Comment

Thanks for a good one.